Effect of Scenic Easements On the Market Value of Real Property
- Subway tunnel easements in metropolitan areas. Lea, Robert M. // Appraisal Journal;Apr94, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p310
Focuses on the impact of subway tunnel easement rights on real property valuation. Value of easement rights; Impact of tunnel and train operations.
- The Effect of Pipeline Ruptures on Noncontaminated Residential Easement-Holding Property in... Simons, Robert // Appraisal Journal;Jul99, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p255
Discusses the effect of pipeline ruptures on noncontaminated residential easement-holding property in Fairfax County, Virginia. Nature of the 1993 colonial pipeline rupture in Reston, Virginia; Property values in Fairfax County; Fairfax County pipeline corridor analysis.
- Historical Facade Easements: The Impact of Future Costs. Golicz, Lawrence J. // Appraisal Journal;Jan1984, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p9
Explores the concept of the present worth of future cost as an aid to the real estate appraiser who is confronted with the problem of before-and-after valuation. Comparison of before-and-after sales of historical properties; Static method of valuing a future liability; Analysis of a potential...
- The Appraisal Docket. Talbot, Earl A.; Walter, Dawn // Appraisal Journal;Oct79, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p601
Presents legal rulings and precedents on matters affecting real property valuation in the United States. Right to solar energy under American jurisprudence; Negative easements or covenants; Rules on zoning; Analogy of solar and water rights.
- Air Rights, Subsurface Easements, and Other Fractional Interests. Rhodes, Richard M. // Appraisal Journal;Apr74, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p261
Focuses on the valuation of air right, subsurface easements and other fractional interest in the U.S. Historic uses of air space legal definition of air space and air rights; Types of air space use; Government policy on free air space.
- The DUPA Technique for Electric Transmission-line Easement Acquisitions. Dempsey, William E. // Appraisal Journal;Jul81, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p382
Discusses the Development/Use and Proximity Analysis (DUPA) technique for electric transmission-line easement acquisitions. Definition of DUPA; Development/use damage; Proximity damage; Comparison of actual market analyses with the value of the tracts as indicated by DUPA.
- Natural Beauty. KORN, DONALD JAY // Financial Planning;Oct2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p121
The article discusses conservation easements. Easement donors are allowed to deduct gifts of up to 50% of their adjusted gross income (AGI). Reducing the property's appraised value with a conservative easement may also reduce property tax payments. It is mentioned that the client must locate a...
- North Country effort hopes to put region on the map in another way. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/26/96, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the plan of the North Country Council to put together a scenic byway program in North Country, New Hampshire. Design plan; Benefits of the program to the region's tourist industry.
- MAP OF THE WILD ATLANTIC WAY ROUTE AND DISCOVERY POINTS. // Travel Daily;2013 Supplement, p3
A map of Ireland is presented with information on discovery points and Wild Atlantic Way routes.