Corporate engagement with non-governmental organizations in different institutional contexts–A case study of a forest products company
- Stora Enso to Sell Some Assets. // Paperboard Packaging;Oct99, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p19
Highlights the plans of Stora Enso of Stockholm, Sweden to sell its non-core assets and hone its focus. Objective of the plans; Plans to sell its power plants; Plans to propose a buyback program.
- Weyerhauser, Stora report weak earnings. // Pulp & Paper;Sep2001, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p13
Reports the total earnings incurred by paper and forestry product companies Weyerhaeuser Co. and Stora Enso Oyj in the U.S. Amount of business losses; Prices of paper and forestry products; Factors affecting the decline of earnings.
- Stora Enso aims to be leader of the pack. James, Rhiannon // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Jun2001, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p27
Features Scandinavia-based Stora Enso forest products company and its president and chief executive officer, Jukka Harmala. Plans for expansion through mergers and acquisitions; Track record in achieving synergy targets; Details on the company's capacity control.
- Forest Companies Fail to Deliver Shareholder Value. Higham, Robert // Paperboard Packaging;Apr99, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p19
Deals with the low investment value of forest product companies in the United States. Result of Stora Enso's merger in 1998; Changes in the paper industry; Status of pre-tax profit of the industry.
- Sustainability and Competitiveness. Hagglund, Bjorn // Journal of Innovative Management;Winter2002/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p7
Presents a case study on managing the sustainability and competitiveness of the forest product company Stora Enso. Environmental problems created by Stora Enso with its industrial growth; Application of environmental management systems; Efforts of the company to shift modes in the...
- FOREST PRODUCTS. // Pulp & Paper;Jul2002, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p19
Presents updates on the forest products industry as of July 2002. Plans of Finnish-Swedish forest-products company Stora Enso for selling several acres of forest land in various locations; Ruling of the International Trade Commission on the softwood-trade dispute between the U.S. and Canada.
- LPI, Stora Enso Sign Agreement. // Paperboard Packaging;May2001, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p14
Covers the agreement between Liberty Paper Inc. and Stora Enso Oyj which allows Stora to manufacture the lineboard product of Liberty. Background of the deal; Information on the companies.
- Forest Products Industry Profile: Global. // Forest Products Industry Profile: Global;Mar2011, p1
Presents a profile of the Forest Products industry in the World. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the...
- Stora Enso Oyj SWOT Analysis. // Stora Enso Oyj SWOT Analysis;
The article presents an overview of the forest products firm Stora Enso Oyj which is engaged in production of various products including newsprint, magazine paper and industrial packaging. As mentioned, company's headquarter is in Helsinki, Finland. It further mentions that the revenue of the...