Banks Shop $500M TLB for GenOn, Prep Notes
- ICBA Fights Citigroup. // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul99, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p17
Reports opposition of the Independent Community Bankers of America on approval of the Citicorp-Travelers merger in the United States. Role of the Federal Reserve Board in merger approval; Approval as a violation of the Bank Holding Company Act and the Glass-Steagall Act; Arguments of ICBA...
- Giant cross-industry mergers giving jitters to small banks. Andrejczak, Matt // American Banker;5/12/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 89, p6
Presents information on a survey by the Independent Bankers Associations of America, which indicates that cross-industry transactions deals worry community bankers more than bank mergers. Comments from Terry Jorde, president and chief executive officer of Towner County State Bank in Cando,...
- Bank watchers expect new merger wave. Cintron, Hiram // Caribbean Business;10/14/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p25
Reports on the formation of Key Society, a United States bank, from the merger of KeyCorp and Society Corporation. Merging of equals; Similarities and differences between banks; Changes in the regulatory environment; Complaints from small banks over regulatory climate.
- Foundation's dues to taper off as its program merges with ABA. // Banking;Oct72, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p25
Reports on the decision of the Foundation for Full Service Banks and the American Bankers Association (ABA) to merge the Foundation's image-building program into the ABA. Reduction of foundation member dues in 1973; Demand of bankers for the development of communications program into...
- 2 Western Clearing Houses To Merge as Bank Tally Falls. MARJANOVIC, STEVEN // American Banker;8/20/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 160, p13
Reports on the plans of the American Clearing House Association of Phoenix and the Rocky Mountain Automated Clearing House Association of Denver to merge. Reasons for the merger; Efforts to lower the groups' dependence on funding from larger dues-paying banks.
- Mergers Sap Trade Groups' Political Clout. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;7/7/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 129, p1
Reports that bank merger trends threatens to undermine the banking industry's political clout both in state capitols and in the United States Congress. Passage of the super-parity law in Kentucky lobbied by the Kentucky Bankers Association; Implications of dwindling memberships in the state...
- Va. banks and thrifts, seeing `win-win' deal, to merge trade groups. Garsson, Robert M. // American Banker;6/27/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 122, p3
Reports on the merger of Virginia Bankers Association (VBA) and the Virginia League of Savings Institutions into one trade group. VBA as surviving group; Reduction of legal aspects and market place distinction between banks and thrifts; Addition of thrift executives to VBA's board in three-year...
- News of the A.B.A. // Banking;Apr70, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p128
Provides an update on issues at the American Bankers Association (A.B.A.) as of April 1970. Information on a consolidation approved by the A.B.A. Administrative Committee; Publications released by the A.B.A.; Details on selection and appointment of employees.
- Merger official. // North Western Financial Review;10/15/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 20, p21
The article reports on a document signing finalizing the merger of Indiana Bankers Association (IBA) and the Community Bankers Association of Indiana (CBAI) on September 27, 2006. The merger was propelled by the mandate of its members, as stated by Joe Pierce CEO of Farmer's State Bank and...