Making it Authentic
- DISHING UP THE SOURCE. Robertiello, Jack // Americas;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p58
Presents Latin American recipes. Seafood-Stuffed Yuca; Mirasol Chile Paste; Salsa Criolla.
- Influence: Hitting Home. Lim�n, Jos� E.; Ford, Jean // Taste of Celebration: Latino Cuisine & Its Influence on American;2005, p84
This chapter looks at Latino influences on foods used by Americans at home, school and work. Frozen burritos, quesadillas, tacos, enchiladas, and a host of other offerings are just a grocery store away. The growth in diversity in the American population is reflected in the taste of consumers for...
- FIRING UP LATIN FLAVORS. Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2003, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p61
Introduces several menu influences of Latin American cuisine.
- NEW DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/2/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 48, p22
Reports developments in the restaurant industry in the U.S. as of December 2002. Features of the new La Table restaurant in Presidio Heights, San Francisco; Specialty of the Cacao 1737, a partnership restaurant; Inclusion of the Latin American foods in the menu of Cacao 1737.
- Snazzy Birmingham Dining. Latham, Tanner C. // Southern Living;Apr2004, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p32
Presents several restaurants in Birmingham, Alabama. Description of the menu at the Oyster House; Availability of Mexican cuisine at Sol y Luna; Offer of Latin American at the Los Angeles.
- Themed with a Latin Beat. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;11/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 22, p64
Focuses on the menu of the Planet Hollywood Restaurant in Miami, Florida. Uniqueness of the Cajun-Caribbean menu; Specialties of the restaurant; Reason for the popularity of Latin food.
- La dulce vida. RUGGLESS, RON // Nation's Restaurant News;4/24/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p25
The article explores the increasing popularity of Latin-inspired dessert in restaurant menus in the U.S. The growing Hispanic population, increased communications globally and more travel are contributing to the popularity of Latin-inspired desserts. Many multiunit casual dining restaurant...
- That's amore. West, Madeleine // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Mar2014, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p81
A personal narrative is presented which describes the author's experience of enjoying the dishes served at Il Gatto Nero, a seafood restaurant in Burano in Venice, Italy, which include Soave Superiore Monte Ceriani, Bigoli en salsa, and risotto Burano.
- Light Latin Grilling. Deppe, Michele // Today's Diet & Nutrition;Jan2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p29
The article profiles author Lourdes Castro, and discusses about her passion for cooking, especially Latin grilling. It mentions that she wrote her book "Latin Grilling: Recipes to Share, from Patagonian Asado to Yucatecan Barbecue and More" to help create Latin American barbecue dishes. It...