- The next mex. Disbrowe, Paula // Restaurant Business;03/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p66
Focuses on the Latin American cuisine restaurant market in the United States as of March 1, 2000. Restaurants' upgrading of their menu offerings; Introduction of less-popular cuisines; Menu samples from some restaurants. INSETS: Menu sampler.;Striped bass a la Veracruzana..
- Operators discovering `New World' Latin trend. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p3
Reports that a growing number of restaurants featuring `New World' or modern Latin menus are debuting in the United States as of January 1999. List of the restaurants; Early proponents of the movement; Pioneers of the New World concepts.
- Smart City. Raisfeld, Robin // New York;01/18/99, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p56
Lists several restaurants in New York City that offers Nuevo Latino menus. Menu at Ideya; Price per serving at Cafe Habana; Featured menu at L-Ray; Design at Calle Ocho; Style at Bolivar.
- Latin LESSONS. Lawson, Susan Clark // Indianapolis Monthly;May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p164
Focuses on the dining diversity among the five eateries serving Latin American food in Indianapolis, Indiana. Procedure of salvadoran specialty pupusas at La CabaÃ±a; American version of paella at the Jazz Kitchen; Offerings of corn tortillas and corn-husk-wrapped tamales at La Carreta.
- Dine With a Spanish Accent. McKinney, Wanda // Southern Living;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p46
Features the Latin American restaurant JÃcama Grill in Louisville, Kentucky. Overview on the available menu; Name of the chef; Quality of the foods served.
- LATIN CLASS. Heimansohn, Donna // Indianapolis Monthly;Nov2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p254
Recommends a selection of Latin dishes served at the Guayacan and La Cabana restaurants in Indianapolis, Indiana. Sampling of the maranon shake and griddle cakes; Ingredients of the Rebecca's shrimp cocktail; Contents of the albondigas dish; Stuffings of the empanadas; Tastiness of the...
- Tropical Pan Latin cuisine ignites culinary heat wave. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;3/7/94, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p1
Features American restaurants serving Pan Latin food. Patria in New York City; Mambo Grill in Chicago, Illinois; Americas in Houston, Texas; Cha Cha Cha in Los Angeles, California; Churrascos in Houston, Texas; Boca Chica in New York City; Yuca in Coral Gables, Florida; Owners; Menus; Prices;...
- Turning up the heat: Latin cuisine is hot. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on the Latin-inspired culinary concepts of restaurants in the U.S. Preference for Latino cuisines; Factors contributing to the receptiveness of diners; List of Hispanic menus.
- Turning up the heat: Latin cuisine is hot, hot, hot. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p31
Reports the demand for Latin cuisine in restaurants in the U.S. Attribution of the demand to the growing Hispanic community and the changing American tastes; Menu offered at Noche's restaurant; Innovation of chef David Ruggerio at Calle Nueve restaurant.