- Rethinking Hospital Foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p28
Focuses on the excellent hospital food service expertise provided by Ron Rech, director of food and nutrition services at the Resurrection Medical Center and Holy Family Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. Development of innovative patient and cafeteria service; Use of the hospitals' Intranet...
- $30K MONTHLY: Wash. hosp cafe provides 'get-away' feel, turns profit. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p5
Features the Stanzas, a retail cafe at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue, Washington. Comparison with The Atrium, the hospital's discounted cafeteria; Food served at the cafe; Numbers of customers; Goal for the establishment of the cafe.
- Dealing for Health. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p24
The article profiles The Shoreline Cafeteria at Regional Medical Center at Bayonet Point in Hudson, Florida. During the past two years until 2008, the profile of the cafeteria menu has changed substantially for the better. According to Joyce Hagen-Flint, director of food and nutrition services,...
- Yummy deli for patients now a staff request. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p52
The article looks at the dishes being offered at the cafeteria at the Maine Medical Center in Portland. According to culinary and nutrition manager John Romano, the cafeteria serves a broad selection of deli options. He cited that they offer sandwiches, salads, and breads. In addition, Romano...
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.
- In Employee/Visitor Cafeteria: CA hosp. aims for `homey.'. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p20
Provides information on the redecorating project at Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, California in 1999 to refresh its employee-visitor cafeteria. Description of the cafeteria; Aim of the redecoration project.
- Hospital Shutters Retail Program. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p19
The article reports on the closing of the cafeteria at the Grand River Hospital in Kitchener, Ontario and will be replaced by a Subway and a larger Tim Hortons Inc. run by the volunteer association of the hospital.
- Scramble system speeds traffic. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p21
Cites the improved services at the renovate cafeteria of Jackson Madison County General Hospital in Jackson, Tennessee. Scramble system; Addition of a Heart Healthy Bar; Smoothie and capuccino machines; Panini grill; Deli section; Portable kiosk with continental breakfast items; Increased...