- Powerful Persuader. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p18
The article features Russ Meyer, associate director of residential life, housing and food services for University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) and his efforts to make the university a Center of Excellence. Before Thanksgiving 2005, Chartwells College and University Dining Services, a division of...
- Nevada-Reno Goes into Farm Business. // FoodService Director;6/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that the University of Nevada at Reno has launched High Desert Farming Initiative that aims to grow its own produce to benefit the university's dining services.
- KEEPING IN STEP WITH STUDENTS: Univ. of Nevada brand swap to boost burger, coffee sales. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the opening of Coyote Jack's fastfood chain at the University of Nevada-Reno. List of menu items offered; Features of North Side Cafe which the university will open in fall 2001.
- AT UNIV. OF NEVADA-RENO: Liaison maintains vision of contract f/s program. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p42
Offers a look at the food service operation of Chartwells at the University of Nevada in Reno. Enhancements in the food service; Kinds of foods served; Remarks from the director of dining and conference services.
- By Year End 2000: U. of Nevada Launches $500,000 Remodel Plan. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p22
Deals with the implementation of Chartwells' Profiles in Good Taste food service program at the University of Nevada in Reno. Explanations from Russ Meyer, director of dining and conference services; Estimated cost of the foodcourt renovations; Issue on prices.
- Nevada-Reno will award summer field-camp grants. LaPointe, Daphne D. // Mining Engineering;May2009, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p88
The article reports on the decision of the Nevada-Reno Section of the Women's Auxiliary to the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineers (WAAIME) to use the Bertha Hardinge funds to offer summer field camp grants. The grants are intended to help geology students from...
- BIKERS GET BENEFITS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON. // FoodService Director;9/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p15
The article reports on the move of University of Washington, Seattle which partnered with the national program, Bicycle Benefits to encourage using bicyles for transportation by offering participants with discounts at its cafeterias District Market and Husky Grind Cafe.
- Sales `hopping' at Univ. Nevada-Reno. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the problem faced by the Taco Bell Express branch on the campus of the University of Nevada-Reno with traffic-flow. Average sales by the unit; Consumers lost by the unit due to traffic-low problems.
- We're Number One! Wheeler, Debora Ligaya; Murarik, Thomas; Flint, Kevin; Fuerst, Brad // Backpacker;Jan2017, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p8
The article presents views of readers on the universities near hiking places in the U.S. including Western Washington University, the University of Tennessee and the University of Nevada in Reno, Nevada.