- PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA. King, Paul // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p22
The article presents several management ideas from food service directors in the U.S. Greg Black of the University of Iowa in Iowa City states that they offered a menu featuring pizza, salads and cookies for late-night service. Michael Floyd of the University of Georgia in Athens cites that he...
- milestone. // FoodService Director;3/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p12
The article announces several personnel changes in the foodservice industry, including the retirement of Greg Black as director of University Dining at the University of Iowa, the appointment of Robert Coffey as director of dining services at Duke University and the hiring of Diane...
- Iowa's Urge to Burge. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the renovation of the Burge dining hall by the food services team at the University of Iowa. Features of the dining hall; Lessons learned by the team from the renovation process; Role of the university staff in menu development.
- Hot and Hearty. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p50
The article stresses the increasing demand for easy-to-make soups in the U.S. that still address health concerns. Soup continues to be a meal of multiple forms for most of the non-commercial foodservice operators because it is perfect for lunch and good for portable snack. Tom Searls of the...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.
- College meal cards good at seven merchants. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the students of Iona College in New Rochelle, New York will be able to use their meal cards off campus at seven participating merchants on North Avenue. Names of merchants; Courses offered by Iona.