Turning Sustainability Initiatives into LEED
- topping OFF: UC San Diego Supercomputer Center. // San Diego Business Journal;10/27/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p20
The article offers information on the supercomputer center building of the University of California (UC) in San Diego, California. The building is designed to achieve a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LLED) silver energy savings rating by the U.S. Green Building Council. It has a...
- Taking collaboration to a new level. McCURDY, PATRICK; SMITH, JULI // Healthcare Design;Aug2011, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p42
The article discusses the construction of the Sulpizio Family Cardiovascular Center located at the University of California San Diego's (UCSD) Medical Center Campus, designed by the architecture firm RTKL. It mentions that the project focuses on clearing regulations of the California's Office of...
- USGBC mulls next step for LEED for Healthcare system. // Health Facilities Management;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that the U.S. Green Building Council's (USFBC) is still assessing if there is a need for a third public comment period for the development of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Healthcare rating system before seeking membership approval.
- The Time for Change: Pushing LEED Forward. Fedrizzi, Rick // Environmental Design & Construction;Jul2012, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p26
An introduction to the 12th Annual LEED Guide of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is presented.
- New LEED programs unveiled. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/13/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 50, p1
The article focuses on the importance of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Retail and LEED Volume from the U.S. Green Building Council, the two LEED programs that reduces the environmental impacts of buildings in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- USGBC ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO LEED 2012. // Walls & Ceilings;Jul2012, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p16
The article reports that the U.S. Green Building Council has delayed ballot for the LEED 2012 until June 1, 2013, which prompted the name change to LEED v4.
- LEED 2009 to include LEED credits for regional. environmental priorities. // Wood & Wood Products;May2009, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the release of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) regional credits as part of LEED 2009 by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
- D.C. TOPS IN LEED-PROJECTS. // Concrete Products;Mar2013, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p8
The article informs that the District of Columbia (D.C.) has been ranked number one in the U.S. Green Building Council's 2012 list of the top 10 states for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) project certifications.
- Green Building Council prepares to launch version 4 of LEED. Dewey, Charlsie // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/29/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p3
The article reports on the launch of the U.S. Green Building Council's updated Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design program, the LEED version 4, in which the three noted changes are the integrative process credits, increased energy threshold, and in the materials and resources category.