Central Bank's Hands Tied For Now
- Further 100bps Cuts Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p5
The article provides information on Business Monitor International Ltd.'s (BMI) economic outlook for Hungary for 2009-2010. Based on the data released by the country, the National Bank of Hungary will enforce further budget cuts to its main refinancing rate for the end of 2009. The BMI projects...
- Rates Going Nowhere Fast. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p5
The article offers information on the forecasts of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) related to the economy and monetary tightening status of the National Bank of Hungary (NBH). It states that Hungary is expected to experience monetary tightening due to the fragile economic recovery. It...
- Hungary inflation remains steady in November. // Regional Today;12/12/2013, p1
The article reports on the steady inflation rate recorded in Hungary in November 2013.
- Boxes and Special topics in the report, 1998-2011. // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);Mar2011, p81
A list of the boxes and special topics in Magyar Nemzeti Bank's (MNB) quarterly reports on inflation in Hungary from November 1998 to March 2011 is presented, which includes wage inflation, price increases and inflation convergence.
- City says Hungary CPI set to accelerate despite soft March data. // Hungary A.M.;4/14/2014, p5
The article reports on the expected increase in consumer inflation in Hungary in 2014.
- Hungary: Sovereign Heading Towards Junk. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/13/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p16
The article presents the market outlook of the Business Monitor International (BMI) for Hungary as of December 13, 2010. It attributes the downgrading by Moody's of both the local and foreign currency sovereign credit rating on December 6 to the moves by the centre-right government. It cites the...
- Hungary: Default Risks - More Posturing Than Economic Reality. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/14/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p16
This article provides an outlook for the performance of the Hungarian economy in 2010. Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) highlights the possibility of a debt crisis emerging in the economy. BMI expresses concerns over weakening investor confidence for the country. In addition, the firm...
- More Dovish Council To Take Shape. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the forecasts of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) for the financial and economic conditions of Hungary. It mentions that the country's Monetary Policy Council (MPC) standing in terms of the monetary policy is determined to change due to the expiration of the...
- Hungary: Scarce Profitability To Limit Bank Recovery. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/11/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p16
This article offers an outlook for the performance of the Hungarian banking sector in 2010. Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) expects uncertainty in the banking sector over the medium term. BMI attributes the scenario to the weak economy that will affect bank asset growth and loan book...