Blockbuster cancellation raises red flag
- A Raider Targets Netf lix. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;11/23/2012, Issue 41, p46
The article offers information on the owning of 10 percent stake in video rental service Netflix Inc. by businessman Carl Icahn in the U.S. It is mentioned that following the purchasing of stakes, Icahn have started interrupting in the management of the company and its organizational structure....
- Retailers go interactive. Hume, S. // Advertising Age;2/24/92, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p29
Reports that retailers including Blockbuster Entertainment Corp. and Kmart Corp. are taking advantage of technology that's made interactive kiosks a cost-effective tool for point-of-purchase marketing. As it develops, the technology may also collect consumer data for targetted marketing....
- Another titan squeezes into local book nook. Cox, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;02/24/97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p35
Focuses on Blockbuster Music store's entrant into the national book retailer's market in Evanston, Illinois. Comments by Brad Winick manager of a cafe in the area, on the bookstore market; Information on the plans of Blockbuster; Details on the competition in the retail book market.
- Minimizing Blockbuster. // Chain Store Age;Nov96, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p44
Reports on Blockbuster Entertainment Group's plans to close 500 music stores. Transfer of CD titles to Blockbuster Video units; Emphasis on video sales.
- Tapes to go. // Chain Store Age;Jan1997, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p47
Reports on Blockbuster Entertainment Group's opening of a video delivery service on the first floor of its office building.
- Blockbuster making changes. // Discount Store News;10/21/96, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the conversion of Blockbuster Video stores with an increased emphasis on audio compact discs titles, sell-through video and snack items. Success of the test locations with the new Blockbuster format; Sale of merchandise via the company's home page on the World Wide Web.
- Blockbuster breaks ground on DC. // Discount Store News;12/9/96, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p8
Reports on Blockbuster Entertainment's plans to build a distribution center in McKinney, Texas.
- Blockbuster posts gains, grabs market share. // Discount Store News;8/10/98, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p99
Focuses on the financial performance of Blockbuster Video for the second quarter of 1998.
- Blockbuster Reaches 3,000; Acquires Music Chains. // Franchising World;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p46
Reports on Blockbuster Entertainment Corporation's opening of its 3,000th store in October, 1992 in New York and its 1,000th international division store in Mexico City, Mexico. Blockbuster's performance in 1992; Proportion of franchises to company-owned stores; Chairman H. Wayne Huiznega.