Pyogenic spondylitis and epidural abscess distant from the site of continuous epidural block in a patient with postherpetic neuralgia
- prosopodynia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1907
A definition of the term "prosopodynia," which refers to tic douloureux, is presented.
- Johan Georg Ræder (1889–1959) and paratrigeminal sympathetic paresis. Shoja, Mohammadali; Tubbs, R.; Ghabili, Kamyar; Loukas, Marios; Oakes, W.; Cohen-Gadol, Aaron // Child's Nervous System;Mar2010, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p373
Johan Georg Ræder (1889–1959) was the most eminent Norwegian ophthalmologist in the early decades of the last century. Ræder made significant contributions to our current understanding of glaucoma. He is remembered for a syndrome he described, that of trigeminal nerve neuralgia and/or...
- Esophageal perforation complicating with spinal epidural abscess, iatrogenic or secondary to first thoracic spine fracture? Chen, H.-C.; Tzaan, W.-C.; Chen, T.-Y.; Tu, P.-H. // Acta Neurochirurgica;Apr2005, Vol. 147 Issue 4, p431
A 49-year-old drunken man was involved in a motorbike crash. He presented with cervical spine injury and multiple limbs fracture. Neuro-imaging demonstrated disruption of the C5-6 anterior longitudinal ligament, herniation of C3-4 and C5-6 discs, and Th1 compression fracture. The neurological...
- BELL'S PALSY. Kane, Emily A. // Better Nutrition;Jul2010, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p30
The article provides answers to questions regarding natural remedies for Bell's palsy and treatment of symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Manifestations of Multiple Sclerosis. Chemaly, Daisy; Lefran�ois, Annie; P�russe, R�nald // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Dec2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p600
Multiple sclerosis is a chronic demyelinating disease of the central nervous system which mostly affects young adults living in the northern hemisphere. It is a disease primarily found in temperature climates, being rare in the tropics and increasing in frequency with distance from the equator....
- Adolescence spinal epidural abscess with neurological symptoms: case report, a lesson to be re-learnt. Sales, Jafar Ganjpour; Tabrizi, Ali; Elmi, Asghar; Soleimanpour, Jafar; Gavidel, Ehsan // Medical Journal of the Islamic Republic of Iran;Feb2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p38
Epidural abscess of the spinal column is a rare condition that can be fatal if left untreated. It promptly progresses and can cause neurologic paralysis, urinary retention or cauda equina syndrome. Compromised immune system that occurs in patients with diabetes mellitus, AIDS, chronic renal...
- Rare Presentation of Rhino-Orbital-Cerebral Zygomycosis: Bilateral Facial Nerve Palsy. Mohebbi, Alireza; Jahandideh, Hesam; Harandi, Ali Amini // Case Reports in Medicine;2011, p1
Rhino-orbital-cerebral zygomycosis afflicts primarily diabetics and immunocompromised individual, but can also occur in normal hosts rarely. We here presented an interesting case of facial nerve palsy and multiple cold abscesses of neck due to rhino-orbitalcerebral zygomycosis in an otherwise...
- Abstracts. Thompson, Clint // Journal of Athletic Training;Apr-Jun98, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p181
Presents an abstract of an article entitled `Adverse Neural Tension: A Factor in Repetitive Hamstring Strain,' by S.E. Turl and K.P. George, printed in the 1998 issue of the `Journal of Orthopedic Sports Physical Theraphy.'
- A SIMPLE SPECTROPHOTOMETRIC METHOD FOR THE ESTIMATION OF MECOBALAMIN IN INJECTIONS. Ganesan, M.; Solairaj, P.; Rajesh1, S. C.; Senthilkumar, T.; Thangathirupathi, A. // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p559
Mecobalamin is used in the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia, megaloplastic anemia, diabetic neuropathy and facial paralysis in Bell's palsy syndrome. A simple, an accurate and economic, precise and reproducible UV Spectrophotometry method has been developed for the estimation of mecobalamin in...