Back Alley Bikes helps kids build transportation
- Free food available to local families. // Graham Leader;9/19/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p6A
The article reports on the move of Wichita Falls Area Food Bank and the Summer Family Nutrition Food Program to offer a free food distribution for hungry families at the Graham Community Crisis Center in Young County, Texas.
- Wildhorse Foundation gives to 26 regional non-profits. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the grants awarded by Wildhorse Foundation to local and regional nonprofit organizations in Oregon. The foundation has awarded the grants to 26 recipients, bringing the total for 2011 to more than three quarters of a million dollars. Organizations who have benefited the...
- Adventure in good company at Camp Buckner. Hopkins, Nola // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/14/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 28, p10B
The article discusses the Young Life Christian outreach program in partnership with Camp Buckner in Texas in June 2010.
- A changing SCORE remains vital in N.H. Stone, Tracie // New Hampshire Business Review;7/22/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p1
No abstract available.
- THEIR OWN WORDS. Aldrich, Ian // Cincinnati;Apr2006, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p82
The article reports on a weekly outreach program called WORD ON THE STREET initiated by InkTank, a nonprofit that focuses on literacy and creative writing, in November 2004. InkTank made an unusual proposition to the poorest residents of Over-the-Rhine to write, and get paid for it, through the...
- Galas & Benefits. // Indianapolis Monthly;Sep2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p64
The article presents information on charity events that will take place in Indianapolis, Indiana. Whisper Walk, the seventh annual walk through downtown Indianapolis benefits Ovar'coming Together, a local nonprofit organization that provides education and outreach programs about ovarian cancer....
- OUTPOURING OF OUTREACH. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/15/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the increasing number of volunteers providing their services to help nonprofit organizations in Cleveland, Ohio. Brian Broadbent, president and of Business Volunteers Unlimited in Cleveland, said that more people are developing an interest for nonprofits these days and are...
- Minnesota's 4th District: A legacy of community outreach. Trossman, Susan // American Nurse;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p10
The article highlights the community outreach activities organized by the Fourth District Minnesota Nurses Association. On September 8, 1898, the association became the first local nurse registry in the U.S. when nine nurses from Saint Paul formed a club which was first called the Ramsey County...
- nonprofit matters. Dillard, Betty // Fort Worth Business Press;8/9/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p9
The article presents news briefs related to the nonprofit sector in Texas. The Nonprofit Resale Road Trip will take place on August 13-14, 2010 which will be participated by four resale shops of nonprofit organizations in Fort Worth. Cuisine for Healing is partnering with Z's Caf� for the...