Clinical Case Study: Clinical Use of the Looming Vulnerability Construct for Performance Anxiety in a Dance Recital
- Psychometric properties of social phobia inventory among Iranian students. Amouzadeh, Mahdi Hassanvand; Benam, Keyvan Fardaei // Journal of Research & Health;Summer2015, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p149
Developing a simple and effective tool is necessary in epidemiological studies and clinical screening to assess the individuals suffering from social phobia. This study was conducted for validity and reliabity of social phobia inventory (SPIN) in Iranian students. The 581 uneversity students...
- Mirtazapine reduces social anxiety and improves quality of life in women with social phobia. Mortberg, Ewa // Evidence Based Mental Health;Aug2006, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p75
The article comments on the study by M. Muehlbacher and colleagues on the effectiveness of mirtazapine in reducing social anxiety and improving quality of life in women with social phobia. The results of placebo controlled study of mirtazapine show rapid and credible effects and is relatively...
- Anxiety and social phobia disorder. Roller, Louis; Gowan, Jenny // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Feb2013, Vol. 94 Issue 1113, p54
The article presents information on the types, non-pharmacological treatments of anxiety and pharmacological treatments of social anxiety. It mentions that anxiety is as mood state which is characterized by tension in which an individual anticipates catastrophe, danger and misfortune. The types...
- Second-generation antidepressants in social anxiety disorder: meta-analysis of controlled clinical trials. Menezes, Gabriela; Coutinho, Evandro; Fontenelle, Leonardo; Vigne, Paula; Figueira, Ivan; Versiani, Márcio // Psychopharmacology;May2011, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p1
Rationale: A growing number of controlled clinical trials suggest that different second-generation antidepressants (SGA) may be effective in the treatment of social anxiety disorder (SAD). Objectives: The aim of the present study is to evaluate the effectiveness of SGA in SAD and to investigate...
- Overcoming debilitating shyness with Nardil. R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;7/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p138
Provides information on the treatment of patients with pathologic shyness correlated with an anxiety disorder known as generalized social phobia. Limited use of monoamine oxidase as Nardil; Positive response of neurotic patients to phenelzine.
- Relative efficacy of psychological and pharmacological treatments for social anxiety disorder. Heimberg, Richard G. // Evidence Based Medicine;May2015, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p63
An abstract of the article "Psychological and pharmacological interventions for social anxiety disorder in adults: a systematic review and network meta-analysis" by E. Mayo-Wilson that was published in the periodical "Lancet Psychiatry" is presented.
- Managing social anxiety: a cognitive behavioral therapy approach. Doherty, Kieran // Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p40
The article reviews the second editions of the books "Managing Social Anxiety: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Approach: Therapist Guide," and "Managing Social Anxiety: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Approach: Workbook," by Debra A. Hope, Richard G. Heimberg and Cynthia L. Turk.
- Don’t worry, eat miso soup. BRAY, KARINA // Choice;Aug2015, p11
The article discusses the highlights of a study published in the journal "Psychiatry Research" to show the association of consuming fermented foods with reduced social anxiety in young adults and mentions topics including miso soup, probiotics, and the relation of exercise with reduced anxiety.
- Prompt diagnosis of social anxiety disorder leads to effective treatment. // Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal;Oct2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on guidelines on the treatment of social anxiety disorder which were released in 2013 by Great Britain's National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. The guidelines, which discuss the prevalence of social anxiety disorder and barriers to social anxiety disorder...