CARCASS CHARACTERISTICS OF TROPICAL BEEF CATTLE BREEDS (WEST AFRICAN SHORTHORN, SANGA AND ZEBU) IN GHANA
- Cows with mothering role. Wright, Shelley // Farmers Weekly;5/30/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 21, p44
Focuses on the important role of Beef Shorthorn cattle in modern beef production. Awards won by the Uppermill Beef Shorthorn herd at Stuart Durno's Tillycairn farm in Tarves; Benefits of Shorthorn cattle; Origin of the cattle.
- Female Shorthorn champ makes 3600gns. // Farmers Weekly;2/5/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p125
The article reports on the sale of Beef Shorthorn females at Stirling, Scotland on February 1, 2010 wherein the top call was 3600 guineas (gns) for Lowther Melody Maker, the pre-sale champion from Charles Lowther, which sold to Doldy Farms in Blairgowrie, Perthshire.
- A single generation can alter a carcass. Gillespie, Jen; Suther, Steve // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Feb2012, Vol. 243 Issue 2, pBP6
The article reports on the early result of a demonstration project called Southern Carcass Improvement Project which claimed that a single generation of high-quality Angus genetics can alter the carcass performance when mated to Brahman-crossed cattle.
- 4 Quick Tips for Shortening Your Beef Herd's Breeding Season. // Beef Expert Blog;4/ 7/2014, p2
The article offers tips for beef producers to shortening the breeding season of their beef herd, including keeping back replacement heifer and rebuilding their herd numbers, accurately timed vaccinations, and tightening the season.
- Top trade sees Perth bulls off to flying start. Powell, Claire; Garner, James // Farmers Weekly;2/7/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the sale of Aberdeen Angus and Beef Shorthorn in Great Britain in February 2003. Price of Aberdeen Angus; Reaction of officials of both the Angus and Shorthorn breed to the trade.
- Good trade for Beef Shorthorns. Garner, James; Hunt, Jeremy // Farmers Weekly;6/6/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 22, p33
Focuses on the auction sale of shorthorn cattle in England in June 2003. Information on cattle entry presented by beef shorthorn breeders at the auction; Prices of the cattle.
- Beef Shorthorns set a Â£4560 record average. // Farmers Weekly;2/5/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p127
The article reports on the strong demand from pedigree and commercial buyers for Beef Shorthorn bulls for sale at Stirling, Scotland in February 2010, with a new sale record average of 4,560 British pounds for 39 bulls sold. Pode Hole Beefeater, the pre-sale junior champion from Charles, Sally...
- Demand is limited for Whitebred Shorthorn bulls. Hunt, Jeremy // Farmers Weekly;3/3/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p144
The article focuses on the spring sale of pedigree Galloway and Whitebred Shorthorn cattle that was held at Carlisle, England in 2006. The well-known Parton herd run by Messrs Hewson at Burgh-by-Sands on the coast west of Carlisle produced Parton Legacy to take the championship and realize the...
- Dressing Percentage in Romanian Spotted Breed. Nistor, Eleonora; Bampidis, Vasileios; Tőzsér, János; Lymperopoulos, Aristotelis; Ciolac, Valeria; Baiduc, Mircea // Scientific Papers: Animal Science & Biotechnologies / Lucrari St;2013, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p305
The purpose of this research was to determine whether there are significant differences in terms of carcass weight, forequarters, hindquarters and the dressing percentage among Romanian Spotted breed steers and first generation crossbreed obtained between Romanian Spotted and Holstein at...