"Rethinking" school discipline
- ATKURIAMASIS TEISINGUMAS PENITENCINĖJE SISTEMOJE. Uscila, Rokas // Pedagogy Studies / Pedagogika;2011, Issue 103, p92
In this article are analyzed realization possibilities of the restorative justice concept (separate models) in the penitential system, with an emphasis to institutions of imprisonment. Scientific achievements in criminology and victimology, restorative justice (hereinafter -- RJ) models, created...
- Instead of jail, criminals face victims. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;9/8/99, Vol. 91 Issue 198, p1
Discusses the use of the Reparative Board, a restorative justice program in Vermont for low-risk, non-violent offenders. The example of Eric Gilman.
- New Drop-in Center Off to a Good Start In Northeast D.C. Naji-Allah, Khalid // Washington Informer;11/3/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p25
The article offers information on the Balanced and Restorative Justice (BARJ) Drop-In Center, multi-faceted facility launched by the D.C. Superior Court Social Service Division in Washington, D.C.
- RESTORATIVE JUSTICE: A SPECIAL ISSUE OF THE ALBERTA LAW REVIEW INTRODUCTION. NAPOLEON, VAL // Alberta Law Review;May2011, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p807
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the history of restorative justice in Canada, another on conventional constraints in advocating for the substantive expansion of the application of restorative justice, as well as a report on incorporating...
- Approaching Justice Creatively. Gehm, John // Federal Probation;Dec97, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p102
Reviews the book `Restoring Justice,' by Daniel Van Ness and Karen Heetderks Strong.
- CRITIQUING THE CRITICS. Morris, Allison // British Journal of Criminology;Summer2002, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p596
Addresses some of the empirical and philosophical criticisms against restorative justice and suggests that they stem in part from misunderstandings about what restorative justice seeks to achieve and in part from demanding too much from restorative justice at its early stage of development. ...
- FACING THE VICTIMS. Keeva, Steven; Newell, Tim // ABA Journal;Jan2004, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p71
Focuses on the restorative justice program of the security prison in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Description of the prison; Process of the program; Reactions from the inmates. INSET: WHAT IS RESTORATIVE JUSTICE?.
- Habitat at Taylorville. Bays, Bill // Journal of Correctional Education;Jun1999, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p48
Discusses how the Taylorville Correctional Center has established partnerships with outside agencies in Illinois for restorative justice programs. Details on the construction of trades class; Details on the prison habitat for humanity project; Cooperation and interaction between the Lake Land...
- Justice With Her Eyes Wide Open: Situated Knowledges, Diversity and Correctional Education in the Post-Modern Era (Part II). Wright, Randall L. // Journal of Correctional Education;Mar2001, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p33
Part II. Considers the influence of the knowledge debates on the thinking about federally sentenced women in Canada. Restorative justice movement; Paradigms of justice; Analysis of 'Creating Choices,' a report which documented the plight of women in Canadian corrections and remedies for their...