The relationship between sales of SSRI, TCA and suicide rates in the Nordic countries
- Pharmacological interventions for people with depression and chronic physical health problems: systematic review and meta-analyses of safety and efficacy. de Beaurepaire, Renaud; Honig, Adriaan; MacQueen, Glenda // Current Medical Literature: Psychiatry;2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p73
The article discusses a study on the efficacy, tolerability and safety of antidepressants in the treatment of adults with chronic medical conditions that may help clinicians to initiate and evaluate the use of antidepressants. The study had 63 randomized controlled trials covering antidepressant...
- Bupropion modified/extended release: a guide to its use in major depressive disorder. // Drugs & Therapy Perspectives;Jan2009, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the release of the modified bupropion for use in major depressive disorder. Bupropion XR is a second-generation antidepressant with a more convenient new once-daily formulation for the treatment of major depressive disorder. Clinical trials revealed that the drug was...
- Star-D SonrasÄ±: SaÄŸaltÄ±ma Direnen Depresyon (SDD). YAZICI, Olcay // Archives of Neuropsychiatry / Noropsikiatri Arsivi;2009, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p61
Although the lack of evidence in literature for the treatment of resistant depression has not been totally overcome by Star-D Study, and the basic questions are still unanswered; we can assume that now we have much more reliable data regarding the topic. The recent data can be seen as such: 1....
- Antidepressants/fluphenazine/promazine. // Reactions Weekly;6/17/2006, Issue 1106, p6
Presents the case of a man who developed a possible case of tardive dystonia due after taking benzodiazepines, promazine and antidepressants.
- What prevents relapse best. Cohen, Sharon; Doheny, Kathleen; Bloomquist, Michele // Shape;Sep2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p90
Reports on benefits of taking antidepressants for a year or longer.
- New strategy for refractory depression. Thase, M. E.; Rush, J.; Howland, R. H.; DiLoreto, Stacy // Patient Care;Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p84
Discusses research being done on imipramine or sertraline treatment of antidepressant-resistant chronic depression. Reference to a study by M. E. Thase et al, published in a 2002 issue of "Archives of General Psychiatry"; Patients assessed by the researchers; Recommendation.
- Use of antidepressants soars. // Therapy Today;Jul2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the increasing use of antidepressants in England. In 2007, a total of 36 million prescriptions were given out. According to politicians and experts working in the field of depression, it was important that alternative therapies should be made available to counter the...
- Safety of Hypericum extract in mildly to moderately depressed outpatients; A review based on data from three randomized, placebo- controlled trials. // Alternative Medicine Review;Dec2004, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p456
Discusses research being done on the safety of Hypericum extract in mildly to moderately depressed patients. Reference to a study by R. D. Trautmann-Sponsel and A. Dienel, published in a 2004 issue of the "Journal of Affective Disorders"; Antidepressant drugs regarded by patients, medical...
- England's Antidepressant Ban. // Antidepressants & Suicide: When Treatment Kills;2007, p55
The article reports that the British Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency of Great Britain has banned Paxil for treatment of pediatric depression in June 2003. This regulation has followed the review of the available data for Paxil, an antidepressant medication. In December 2003,...