Boyd Bros orders 325 ProStar+ trucks
- Boyd Bros. purchases $9.7 million in equipment. // Overdrive;Nov94, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p59
Reports on Boyd Bros. Transportation's purchase of several tractors and trailers. Financial issues.
- Drivers honored for safe driving, good service. // Overdrive;Jun2011, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p79
The article reports that truck drivers Theodore Shears and Stevie Verges were honored by Boyd Bros. Transportation Inc. for safe driving.
- Boyd Bros. Transportation and Daseke Inc. merge. // Fleet Owner Blog;11/18/2013, p4
The article announces the merger of transportation companies Daseke Inc. and Boyd Bros. Transportation to offer full North American open-deck/specialty coverage, including service into Canada and Mexico.
- MORE TRUCKING COMPANIES BOOST DRIVER PAY. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);9/15/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p8
The article reports that in an effort to address escalating driver shortage and truck driver turnover rate, and increasing demand for service due to economic growth, trucking companies including Boyd Bros. Transportation and Interstate Distributor have increased truck driver pay.
- The AGM solution. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Jun2015, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on problems faced by flatbed hauler Boyd Bros. Transportation Inc. with batteries on its tractors that wore out in about 18 to 22 months because of the harsh environments endured by Boyd's trucks.
- Boyd Bros. acquires Iowa fleet. // Fleet Owner Blog;12/6/2012, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Mid Seven Transportation of Des Moines, Iowa by Boyd Brothers Transportation.
- Down to details. Jaillet, James // Overdrive;Jul2010, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p36
The article focuses on the success of Dan Heister, a truck owner-operator, in Iowa. It mentions that Heister was given the Boy Bros.' One Million Safe Miles Award in 2009 and was nominated for the Truckload Carriers Association Inc. Owner-Operator of the Year honor. It also notes that his...
- TURNING AROUND TURNOVER. Holthaus, Brad // Overdrive;Oct2007, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p5
The author reflects the carrier-contractor partnership in the trucking industry. Steve Bredigkeit, director at Boyd Bros. Transportation, discusses during the Partners in Business Retention Forum 2007 the alarming turnover-rate in the owner-operator program. Bredigkeit cited some initiatives...
- Driver salute. // Fleet Owner;Mar2011, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p80
The article reports on the honoring of driver Isaiah Hamilton by his company Boyd Bros. Transportation Inc. for completing 3 million miles of safe driving during his nearly 22-year career. It is reported that, to honor Hamilton, the company gave him several things including, a bonus check, a...