Firestone's Brazil plant earns certification
- The facts about EFS. // NZ 4WD;Aug2012, p46
The article reviews the EFS off-the-shelf tailored suspension systems for vehicles.
- Fuzzy Control of a Quarter-Car Suspension System. Salem, M. M. M.; Aly, Ayman A. // International Journal of Mechanical Systems Science & Engineerin;2009, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p240
An active suspension system has been proposed to improve the ride comfort. A quarter-car 2 degree-of-freedom (DOF) system is designed and constructed on the basis of the concept of a four-wheel independent suspension to simulate the actions of an active vehicle suspension system. The purpose of...
- STABILIZER BARS: Part 2. CALCULATIONS - EXAMPLE. WITTEK, Adam-Markus; RICHTER, Hans-Christian; ŁAZARZ, Boguslaw // Transport Problems: an International Scientific Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p137
The article contains the further outline of the calculation methods for stabilizer bars. Modern technological and structural solutions in contemporary cars are reflected also in the construction and manufacture of stabilizer bars. A proper construction and the selection of parameters influence...
- SUSPENSION 101: THE SHOCK. // Dirt Bike;Aug2014, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p84
The article offers several tips for setting suspension sag of trail bikes for improving suspension balance, tracking and stability of bikes. Topics discussed include role of Static Sag in determining the proper spring rate of the bike, keeping rear wheel as far back as possible for smooth shock...
- Geometry lesson. BEAUMONT, WILL // Evo;Mar2017, Issue 232, p022
The article provides information on altering an automobile's suspension geometry. Topics discussed include the effect of tyre pressures on the balance of a car, ideal wheel toe angle, effect of negative camber on the amount of tread the outside tyres put onto the road in a corner, and...
- SHOCK OF WINTER. Anders, Mark // Popular Science;Nov2009, Vol. 275 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses the use of air-filled shock absorbers in Yamaha snowmobiles available for the 2010 winter season. As these machines are said to be 20 pounds lighter than their counterparts with traditional suspension, the rides they offer are said to be nearly drag-free. Yamaha...
- Hendrickson Unveils Tractor, Trailer Suspensions. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;3/28/2014, p1
The article evaluates the SOFTEK NXT and the OPTIMAAX truck suspensions, and the VANTRAAX ULTRAA-K air slider trailer suspension model from Hendrickson.
- ContiTech develops truck air springs for extreme temperatures. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;8/13/2015, p4
The article reports on the Arktis and hi-temp extreme temperature resistant air springs (AS) for semi-trucks that is developed by ContiTech Air Spring Systems. Topics covered include the manufacture of the special AS using chloroprene rubber, testing of the products in extreme weather conditions...
- DuraLift II 8K weighs only 646 pounds. // Refrigerated Transporter;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p47
The article evaluates Link Manufacturing Ltd.'s DuraLift II 8K self-steer liftable suspension, with wheel-end hardware for trucks.