WABCO Reman Solutions is established
- Wabco forms reman business. // Fleet Owner;Sep2010, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p60
The article reports on Wabco Holdings' establishment of its new division, Wabco Reman Solutions, which will specialize in remanufacturing electronic and mechatronic components.
- Nadine in the driver's seat. Pierce, Alan J. // Tech Directions;May/June97, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p10
Presents information on ADS-1100 Automatic Driving System, less formally known as `Nadine,' designed by Horiba Limited. Distinguishing features of the robotic driving system; How Nadine must be assembled to conduct a performance test.
- Smarter, Cleaner, And Safer Transportation Systems Reap The Benefits Of Advances In Semiconductor Technology. Bursky, Dave // Electronic Design;01/08/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p60
Discusses motor vehicle manufacturers' reliance on semiconductor-based solutions to make cars, planes and trains more fuel efficient, safer and more comfortable for passengers. Improvements in power devices, sensors, digital integrated circuits (IC) and displays; Scope of silicon development...
- Multiplexing's slow growth. // Automotive Industries;May97, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on multiplexing of automotive electrical systems, limited to a relatively few high-end automobiles and sport-utes. Comments by Ed Bucker, vice president of wiring systems at United Technologies Automotive on the growth of multiplexing.
- Vacation travel may cause stress but it's possible to enjoy the trip. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p14
Features the CARiN vehicle navigation system from VDO Car Communication. Use of the system for vacation travel; Functions; Interactive capabilities; Safety of operation; Destination categories covered by the system.
- Pioneer shows navigation system. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Dec97, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p104
Reports on Pioneer Electronic Corp.'s claims that its will revolutionize vehicle navigation systems with a digital video disk its plans to offer in 1997.
- Black-box standard in the works. // Fleet Owner;May2002, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p69
Provides information on the project of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Standards Association to create universal standards for motor vehicle event data recorders or black boxes. Details of the black box standards.
- An electrical-system analyzer for your car. Caristi, Anthony J. // Popular Electronics;Mar94, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p66
Details the construction of the Automotive Electrical Diagnostic System, an electrical-system analyzer for automobiles. Parts list for the system; Automotive electrical faults.
- The smart vehicles are here. Siuru, Bill // Popular Electronics;Jan94, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p41
Reports on the development of electronic devices for motor vehicles which can detect obstacles and avoid collisions. Forewarn detection system developed by Delco Electronic Corp. to detect a child who may be in front of the bus and beside or underneath the bus toward the curb side; Use of...