Deutsche Bank Adds HY Staff in London
- Discretion versus black box--what's best? Reerink, Jack // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Feb95, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p66
Discusses the differences between systematic trend-followers or system traders and discretionary traders. Growing popularity of discretionary traders due to the failure of some system traders in 1994; Differences in attitude towards the job; Advantage of system traders over discretionary...
- Trust me. Burke, Gibbons // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul97, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p62
Illustrates the importance of trust in financial market trading. Proper attitude to adopt towards trading brokers; Methods in testing the trust-ability of a trading regime; Advice for using the trading system.
- Aggressive dealer pricing. Locke, Peter R.; Sarajoti, Pattarake // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Sep2004, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p559
We examine the relative prices at which individual futures floor traders execute their personal trades, and search for the determinants of relative price aggression. Aggressiveness is the tendency to bid relatively high or offer relatively low. We find that both individual and market factors...
- Evolution of the forex trader. Cofnas, Abe // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan2006, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the evolution of the forex trader. A test of knowledge in the context of experience should be involved in the path for evolving into a capable trader. The paramount skill that has to be learned by traders is the loss control and the ability to keep the account intact....
- The Incredible Shrinking Brokerage List. Mehta, Nina // Traders Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 245, p54
Reports on the marketing strategy of buyside traders as the pool of commissions to pay for research and other services is getting smaller in the U.S. Reduction of broker lists; Assessment of the amount of commissions available to pay for research; Estimate of annual commissions on equity trades....
- HANGING OUT IN THE PITS. MAREK, LYNNE // Crain's Chicago Business;11/7/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p0031
The article says that the number of floor traders on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange trading floor in Illinois is declining due to rise of computerized trading. The number of registered floor traders declined from 3,000 to 1200 and most of the trade is done on laptops. However, the floor traders...
- [Gerstein scores again]. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2004, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p68
Profiles Gary Gerstein, one of the top traders in the U.S. Views about being a fundamental trader; Analysis of futures markets; Use of simplistic technical analysis.
- [Quicksilver: consistent excellence]. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2004, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p69
Profiles Richard White, one of the top traders in the U.S. Experience in silver coin trade; Success in trading; Education in experimental physics; Establishment of a commodity pool.
- [David Beach: Capturing trends]. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2004, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p71
Profiles David Beach, director of London, England-based Beach Capital Management and recognized as one of the traders in 2003. Description of his discretionary trading program; Profitability of his systematic program and discretionary program; Experience in designing trading strategies.