HY Bond Funds Have Negative Flows
- Queen of Junk. Polyak, Ilana // Money;May2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on high-yield bond manager Margaret Patel of Pioneer High Yield. Why her company is a top junk bond fund; Outlook for high-yield junk bonds; Comments of Patel; Her value-stock investor approach; Companies in Patel's portfolio, including International Paper and Human Genome Sciences;...
- Smith Graham to launch new fund. Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;11/15/99, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the plan of Smith Graham and Co. to launch a global high yield fund.
- YEAR-TO-DATE HIGH YIELD FUNDS. // High Yield Report;08/14/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p3
Presents a chart showing the performance of high yield funds in the United States as of July 31, 2000.
- New Deals Price Before Labor Day. // High Yield Report;08/14/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p4
Analyzes the performance of the high-yield mutual fund and bond markets in the United States as of August 2000.
- Investors Resume Withdrawals from HY Funds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/10/2011, p15
The article reports that investors have resumed withdrawals from junk bond mutual fund in the week ended October 4, 2011.
- Junk funds clean up their reputation. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;5/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 128, p8
Presents information about the mutual funds called junk bond funds. Who issues junk bonds; What experts say; Statistical information on mutual fund performance as reported on May 29, 1997; Guidelines for choosing a high-yield bond fund.
- Summit fund reaches the top; manager sees lots of good `junk.' G. H. // Christian Science Monitor;5/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 128, p8
Presents information on high-yield bond funds, with reference to the Summit High Yield Fund, which is the number one such fund in America. Comments from portfolio manager of the fund, Steven Sutermeister; List of the best performing junk bonds funds through May 16, 1997.
- More Outflows for HY, Loan Funds Positive. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/12/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p16
The article reports on more outflows for high yield bond mutual funds, according to Lipper FMI.
- High-Yield Funds Attracting Investors. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on the percent average of mutual funds that invest in high-yield junk bonds in the U.S. Decrease on the total default rate for high-yield issuers; Effect of the war in Iraq on the high-yield bond market; History of the credit market. INSET: TOP US HIGH-YIELD ISSUES IN MARCH 2003.