Investors Still Waiting for Covenant Upside
- Investors Still Waiting for Covenant Upside. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;9/6/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p1
The article reports that investors are expecting that junk bond covenants would be favourable to them. According to head of high yield for Invesco Fixed Income Peter Ehret, credit got difficult to borrow and the market was closed to almost everybody at one point and he is disappointed. It notes...
- Junk Issuance Is Back In Black. Sheahan, Matthew // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/5/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the impact of high-yield bonds in the U.S. Martin Teevan, a senior managing director of high-yield bonds, states that the come back of high-yields is a good scenario for the new-issue market because there is a lot of money to be put to work given new inflows, coupon...
- Record-Breaking HY Market Enters Uncertain 2011. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/3/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p40
The article focuses on uncertainty for the high yield (HY) bond market in 2011. While bankers and investors expect the market to remain strong at least in the first quarter of 2011, they are threatened by global macroeconomic forces that have hindered the credit markets in 2010. According to...
- Subordination Evolves in European HY. // Bank Loan Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
Criticizes the participation of European investors in a high yield bond at Legrand transaction which involved structural subordination. Choice of the investors between principles or an attractively-priced deal; Effect of the addition of unfavorable covenants; Establishment of a high-yield...
- DLJ sits atop the junk bond mountain. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;01/03/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on performance of high-yield underwriters in the Rule 144A markets from 1990. Percentage increase in the 144A market during the second half of the decade; Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette as top high-yield underwriter for the decade; Merged companies that topped the market; Role of defaults...
- Kamps Wears Investment Grade Clothes. Clouse, Carol J. // High Yield Report;09/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the marketing of a junk bond deal from German retail baker Kamps in Europe. Interest of high yield investors in the deal; Postponement of the pricing; Ratings of the deal by Fitch and Standard and Poor's; Impact of the deal restructuring on issuers.
- Fighting Over Crumbs: With European junk defaults rising, investors lambast a lender-take-all culture. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/21/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 20, pN.PAG
Focuses on the junk bonds market in Europe, Great Britain and the U.S. in 2001. Escalation of default rates of junk bonds over years; Demands made by European investors of these bonds; Situation of creditors in the European market; Changes observed in the European market from 1999 to 2001;...
- Investors Double Down in HY Funds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/13/2012, p23
The article reports that investors more than doubled their contributions to junk bond mutual funds as of August 13, 2012, demonstrating continued faith in the asset class.
- Funds Keep Flowing into HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/21/2013, p43
The article reports that investors continued putting money to work in high yield (HY) bonds which reached 571.5 million U.S. dollars for the week ended January 16, 2013.