Court Appoints Mediator for Tribune
- Beset by sex abuse claims, Davenport diocese files for bankruptcy. // National Catholic Reporter;10/20/2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the petition filed by the Davenport diocese for Chapter 11 reorganization in the Iowa District of U.S. Bankruptcy Court on October 10, 2006. The appeal for bankruptcy protection had been filed because of sex abuse lawsuits it faces. It had been noted that this is the...
- Orchestras Worldwide Face Questions of Relevancy. Durham, Christopher // International Musician;May2011, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p10
The article presents the author's views concerning the condition of several orchestras after the filing of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in the U.S. The author cites the ailing condition of these musical groups, wherein they are unable to pay their musicians due to the scarcity of their funds. The...
- Exide: a Case Study On the Paramount Role of Valuation in Corporate Restructuring. Friedland, Jonathan; Xu, Mike // Value Examiner;Jul/Aug2008, p32
The article discusses a court case concerning the role of valuation in corporate restructuring based on the ruling of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court about the 2003 bankruptcy reorganization proposal of Exide Technologies. It shows the difference among the valuation methods used by Exide such as...
- DeCaro-owned companies seek Chapter 11 protection. Crompton, Kim // Journal of Business (10756124);6/17/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 13, pA6
The article reports on the filing of Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court by couple Frank and Anne Marie DeCaro, which prevents foreclosure actions on some of their properties.
- GTAT-Apple agreement: Evolution of a fiasco. SANDERS, BOB // New Hampshire Business Review;12/12/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p1
The article focuses on whether the Halloweem Day 2013 contract between Merrimack, New Hampshire-based materials company GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT) and technology giant Apple was to blame for the October 2014 Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing of GTAT. Topics include statements from GTAT's chief...
- Pendulum Swings Back on TOUSA. A. B. // Leveraged Finance News;7/9/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 28, p1
The article discusses a court case wherein U.S.-based TOUSA Inc. was sued by lenders after it defaulted on loans to acquire Transeastern and has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. It offers a background of the case and a corporate profile of TOUSA which was the country's 13th largest homebuilder...
- Demolition and salvage company files Chapter 11. Chandler, Matt // Buffalo Law Journal;8/13/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 65, p4
The article reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by the West Seneca, New York-based demolition and salvage company, Demco PLC in Buffalo on August 6, 2012 due to the decline of its workers from a peak of 300 to 92.
- BANKRUPTCIES. Broda, Natalie // Crain's Detroit Business;8/31/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p14
The article reports on several filings for protection of businesses in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Detroit, Michigan within the week of August 21-27, 2015 including Camera Mart Inc. for voluntary Chapter 11 filing and Automotive Supply-Roseville Inc. and Plant Station LLC, both for voluntary...
- Chemtura Files Reorganization Plan. Valk, Vincent // Chemical Week;6/21/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 15, p8
The article reports on the reorganization plan filed by chemical company Chemtura with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, which it claims, will help it emerge from bankruptcy protection by the end of September 2010.