HSBC, RBS Prep $450M CF for 2Wire Acquisition
- Fall of thrifts launched new era for Buffalo-area banking. Hartley, Thomas // Buffalo Law Journal;2/2/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "Fall of thrifts launched new era for Buffalo-area banking," by Thomas Hartley, which appeared in the "Buffalo Business First." It mentions the role of Buffalo in New York as the center of the banking industry. It states that Buffalo's rise and fall...
- Small is Beautiful. // Latin Trade (English);Apr2007, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the mergers and acquisitions trend in Latin America in 2006. It says that Central American banking deals are seeing a double-digit rise as free trade with the U.S. edges toward reality. It also says that banking institutions on the isthmus have seen an increase of net...
- HSBC Extends Deadline on Republic Offer . MANDARO, LAURA // American Banker;9/29/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 187, p21
Reports on the decision of Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corp. (HSBC) to extend the deadline for Safra Republic Holdings SA shareholders to tender their shares as part of the bank's deal for Republic New York Corp. Value of the sale.
- Norton Rose back in vogue with HSBC on KEB bid. Berris, Julia // Lawyer;9/10/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p16
The article reports that Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. (HSBC) has instructed Norton Rose on its $4.9 billion bid for Korea Exchange Bank (KEB) in Great Britain. It notes that HSBC is planning to acquire a 51 percent of KEB from Lone Star. Moreover, the instruction was a boost for Rose,...
- New Ledger. Orr, Deborah // Forbes Global;3/1/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the payment of cash bonuses resumed by Hongkong & Shanghai Bank Corp. (HSBC) in February 2004. Personal banking and consumer finance focus of HSBC; Merger advisory business of HSBC; Interest of HSBC Chairman John Bond to have a position in the New York Stock Exchange.
- Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Oct2008, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p3
The article offers news briefs related to financial services industry. Commerzbank AZ has agreed to purchase Dresdner Bank AG in a â‚¬9.8 billion deal. ANZ National Bank has reported an increased in after tax profit, underlying cash profit, and net interest income for the nine months ended...
- Native Prudence Pays. NAYAK, MAHESH // Business Today;12/8/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p82
The article discusses the effect of the 2008 global financial crisis on the foreign bank operating in India including Citigroup Inc., Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. (HSBC), and Standard Chartered PLC. It informs that foreign banks after rebounding from the financial crisis are focusing...
- NEWS ROUNDUP. // Money Management;3/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Cites news events regarding the financial services industry in Australia. Confirmation by the Challenger Financial Services Group of conducting discussions with Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corp. to acquire HSBC Asset Management Australia; Decision of the Australian Securities and Investments...
- HSBC expects to remain in Hong Kong after China takes over, chairman says. // American Banker;5/25/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 100, p18
Reports on Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp.'s retention of its Hong Kong headquarters. Speculation on impact of Chinese takeover of the British colony; Consideration of repurchasing of headquarters building.