Green alternative to diesel fuel reaches Australasia
- Jatropha World 2010. Luse, Emilie // Fast Company;Oct2010, Issue 149, p42
The article discusses the Jatropha World 2010 conference in Rotterdam, Netherlands on October 6, 2010, which explores the use of jatropha as an alternative fuel source.
- Resposta do pinhÃ£o-manso Ã aplicaÃ§Ã£o de nÃveis de irrigaÃ§Ã£o e doses de adubaÃ§Ã£o potÃ¡ssica. Oliveira, Ednaldo L.; Faria, Manoel A.; Evangelista, Adão W. P.; Melo, Paulo C. // Revista Brasileira de Engenharia Agricola e Ambiental - Agriambi;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p593
Jatropha curcas crop is raising attention as an alternative crop for biodiesel production. Despite the irrigation and mineral fertilization to promote increase of Jatropha curcas yield, few studies have been conducted on this issue. The purpose of this work was to evaluate the growth and...
- Marathon EPA Hearing on RFS Proposal. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;12/ 9/2013, p2
The article reports on a marathon all-day public hearing held by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on the proposed renewable fuels mandate which would reduce the requirements for renewable fuels blended in gasoline for 2014.
- E15: THE YEAR IN REVIEW. Grooms, Lynn // Farm Industry News;Dec2012, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p44
The article discusses the challenges faced by advocates in promoting the use of E15 fuel in the U.S. in 2012. It states that the fuel has received registration from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on April 2, 2012. According to the author, the sale of the fuel was supported by...
- Let the country go full blast on jatropha biofuel. Venkataraman, N. S. // Chemical Business;Jun2008, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p7
The author focuses on the importance of a shift towards the use of jatropha biofuel in India amid the high prices of crude oil. He notes that the country needs to take measures that will address the crude oil crisis situation yet should not imitate the policies and programmes of other nations....
- FEAR OVER FUEL. // Appliance Design;Sep2009, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the concern expressed by the Alliance for a Safe Alternative Fuels Environment (AllSAFE) to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) over the fuel waiver application of Growth Energy for the E-15 fuel. According to AllSAFE, E-15 has not been sufficiently tested and...
- Biodiesel production surpasses requirements, increases optimism. // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;2/8/2012, p11
The article focuses on soy biodiesel as the predominant fuel source after setting a record production of 800 million gallons in 2011 and the optimism to meet the 1 billion-gallon requirement of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). U.S. farmers and their checkoff, it says, helped in...
- EPA Progress on Waste Definition in Boiler Rules. // Industrial Environment;Nov2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the preparation of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to rewrite rules to allow alternative biomass fuels to be used as fuel in industrial, commercial and institutional boilers, in response to concerns by United Steelworker (USW). USW International President...
- Agriculture's Golden Goose expected to decrease production. Root, Ken // High Plains Journal;11/25/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 48, p14B
The article reports on the plan by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to reduce the Renewable Fuel Standard which is anticipated to decrease ethanol production.