Victoria needs a state maritime centre
- Navigating troubled waters. DAKS, MARTIN C. // njbiz;9/26/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p5
The article features global terminal operator APM Terminal at Port Elizabeth, New Jersey as it sees transaction volumes increase in 2011 but not to the levels projected several years ago due to near term challenges such as rising costs of doing business.
- Fajardo planning $19 million cargo terminal. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;9/18/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p10
Reports on the plans by the Fajardo municipality in Puerto Rico to build a cargo terminal to service trade between Puerto Rico and Caribbean islands and a cruise ship pier. Cost of the cargo terminal and pier; Comments from Anibal G. Melendez, Mayor of Fajardo; Type of cargo to be processed at...
- Dutch beat the weather. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;06/09/97, Vol. 250 Issue 10, p53
Reports on the plans to build an enclosed all-weather transshipment port terminal in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Specifications of the proposed terminal; Importance of the facility to shippers of moisture-sensitive products; Potential costs savings in using the terminal.
- Built to impress. Sklarewitz, Norman // Travel Agent;10/17/94, Vol. 273 Issue 1, p108
Reports on the World Cruise Center in the Port of Los Angeles, California. Volume of traffic; Cruise ships sailing from the center; Operation by a consortium of five cruise lines; Features of the center; Remarks by Karen Tozer, marketing manager for the Port of Los Angeles.
- Court cools Subic Bay bidding. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the Philippine Supreme Court's issuance of a temporary restraining order for the development of the Subic Bay Container Terminal. Controversy surrounding the bidding for the terminal's contract; Implications to the development of Subic Bay as a major transshipment center.
- North East Italy. // CruiseGuide;9/14/2009, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Venice Port Authority in Italy to build a new terminal at Marghera Port to attract tourism and trade in the area.
- Inclement weather experienced in Durban area has delayed construction of new coastal terminal. // African Business News;9/10/2013, p28
The article reports that adverse weather conditions in the Durban area, South Africa, have delayed the construction of the coastal terminal for the new multiproduct pipeline.
- Ship Terminal Cost Jumps. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/21/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33536, p9
The article reports that the Port of Houston Authority officials have said that the construction of the Bayport Cruise Terminal on the Houston Ship Channel in Houston, Texas, costed about 108.4 million dollars contrary to the previously announced 71 million dollars.
- Untitled. // Traffic World;11/22/93, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p44
Presents statistical information on port activity in the United States as of September 1993. Data for total twenty-foot-equivalent units (TEUS); Comparison of data for imports and exports for the month of September.
- Private money pours into containers. Mottershaw, Elizabeth // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/22/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p34
Focuses on the two port terminals, Qasim International Container Terminal and Karachi International Container Terminal, in Pakistan that will attract private sectors. Need for the two port to handle larger and more modern ships with much faster turnaround times; Background of the proposal for...