GOOD NEWS WEEK (someone's dropped a bomb somewhere)
- DIONNE WARWICK Celebrates 40 Years In Music And Tells Why She Almost Gave It All Up. // Jet;3/11/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p58
Profiles Dionne Warwick, who is celebrating her 40th anniversary in the music business in 2002, and her collaboration with composers Burt Bacharach and Hal David.
- Dionne & Burt: A perfect musical combination. Henderson, Rita Elizabeth // New York Amsterdam News;7/2/94, Vol. 85 Issue 27, p36
Reviews the musical performance by singer Dionne Warwick and Burt Bacharach, the music director, lyricist and producer at Caesar's Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City.
- THE GOLDEN MUSE. Ginell, Richard S. // Daily Variety;4/27/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 17, pA1
The article explores the history on the singer Dionne Warwick, composer Burt Bacharach and lyricist Hal David (Warwick/Bacharach/David) partnership. It mentions that 33 records of Warwick/Bacharach/David made the Billboard charts, and seven of which became Top Ten singles, from 1962 to 1971. It...
- Quickfire. // Music Week;10/23/2004, Issue 42, p11
Interviews song writer Hal David. Affinity with Great Britain; Thoughts on working with fellow composer Burt Bacharach, singer Dionne Warwick and Joss Stone's version of "Alfie" the song and the remade movie of the same title.
- All The Love In The World. Jones, Alan // Music Week;10/13/2007, Issue 41, p23
The article reviews the Dionne Warwick compilation album "All the Love in the World."
- My Friends & Me. Blumenfeld, Larry // Entertainment Weekly;11/10/2006, Issue 906, p80
This article reviews the music release "My Friends & Me," by Dionne Warwick.
- THE NEAR-MISS THAT BECAME A WORLDWIDE HIT. Gavin, Jennifer // Library of Congress Information Bulletin;Jun2009, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p110
The article focuses on the story behind the song "What the World Needs Now Is Love," by Hal David. David and his collaborator Burt Bacharach had been working on the song for more than two years and had kept the song until it was brought out to fill up a recording session. According to David, the...
- MATHIS TO RECEIVE ELLA AWARD. Newman, Melinda // Billboard;8/19/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 33, p32
The article announces that singer Johnny Mathis will be honored at the 15th annual Ella Award, which will take place on September 12, 2006, in Beverly Hills, California. Burt Bacharach, Patti Austin, Dionne Warwick, Dave Koz and Take 6 are among the acts that will salute Johnny Mathis when the...
- briefs. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;7/14/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p3
The article offers world news briefs including the success of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa despite experiencing biased reporting from western media, as stated by a World Cup coordinator and the 2010 National Endowment for the Arts National Heritage Fellowship award received by music...