A Look at the Financial Services Revolution
- Abroad view. Lockyer, Daniel // Money Marketing;5/24/2007, p30
The article provides a view on the market performance of the financial industry in Great Britain. It is stated that the annual total returns from commercial property have exceeded 18 percent. The rental growth is believed to be supported by good corporate profits and favorable supply and demand....
- CFOs forecast strong financial hiring in first quarter. // Business Journal (Central New York);02/11/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
Reports on chief financial officers' forecast of increased hiring of accounting and finance professionals in the first quarter of 2000 in the United States. Expected hiring increases in the mid-Atlantic region; Expectation that the retail industry will experience notable hiring activity in the...
- Scant Volume Welcomes Second Quarter. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/1/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34085, p1
The article offers information on the forecasting of the financial business by the financial services provider and effects of the lack of supply in the financial market in the U.S. Topics discussed include information about the generic triple-A general obligation scale in 2044 ended at 3.63...
- What if scenario. Easter, Alan // Money Marketing;10/18/2007, p50
The article shares the author's views on the current phase of Entelechy initiatives in financial services industry in Great Britain. He cites that the initiative provides an industry-led solutions to two of the main fundamental problems. He reveals that the problem includes the demand for advice...
- Editor's letter. // Financial Management;Jan2002, p3
Analyzes the increase in corporate demand for financial managers in Great Britain in January 2002. Tasks offered by an economic downturn for financial managers; Disadvantage of reduced spending for financial managers.
- STRONG DEMAND FOR QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANTS. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct2014, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p79
The article reports on the demand for qualified accountants in the financial services sector in Ireland in 2014, according to the Robert Walters European Job Index.
- The shape of the future. // ABA Banking Journal;May96, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on the proposal of restructuring the financial services industry by Gerald Corrigan, the former president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in 1987. Summation of events by the `Wall Street Journal'; Ten year wait for financial modernization; Contents of the Leach proposal; Trade...
- The year that was, the year that will be. // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p111
Provides an optimistic analysis of the state of financial planning profession in the United States for 1998. Major industry groups' planned activities in light of the perceived cooperation among financial companies in 1998.
- Overhauling banking. Liberman, Gail // World & I;Nov95, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p72
Discusses services forecasted to emerge from a consolidation of the banking, securities and insurance industries. Includes reverse mortgages; Stock-indexed certificate of deposits; Certificate of deposit annuities.