Are Some Sectors More Homogenous Than Others?
- Will 2001 Be an Instant Replay? Schenk, Mike // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;05/28/2001, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p1
Compares the credit union performance data of 1998 to the projected status in 2001 in the United States. Projection of the average fixed-rate mortgage; Effects of the Web-based mortgage organizations on the credit unions; Increase in dollar outstandings due to low long-term interest rates.
- Dynamics are changing in the fixed-income landscape. Theccanat, Cyril M. // Pensions & Investments;12/11/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p58
Focuses on the changes in fixed-income investing in the United States. Credit quality of government agency securities; Structural relationships in the market; Interest rate swaps.
- Corporate debt moves from volatility to stability as power sector improves. Oza, Hema B. // Private Placement Letter;8/2/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p3
Cites key findings from a report in July 2004 demonstrating stability in corporate credit ratings during the period from 1990 to 2003. Improvement in global corporate rating performance in 2003; Effects of improvements in the power sector; Implications on privately-placed fixed-income securities.
- Defaults Are On The Horizon, But When? // High Yield Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p2
The article reports that the next round of defaults is certainly expected, as suggested by several market indicators. However, when the downturn will occur still remains uncertain. Standard & Poor's analysts in a recent report said that while the loan market continues to see low default rates,...
- CSFB nabs leading positions in securitized private placements. C. M. O. // Private Placement Letter;3/8/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4
Reports that Credit Suisse First Boston has nabbed leading positions in securitized private placements in the United States. Description of securitized private placements; Mortgage-backed private placements of CSFB.
- PPL ANNUAL BUYSIDE SURVEY. // Private Placement Letter;6/7/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p6
Presents a survey form for investors of privately placed fixed income securities. Total commitments; Types and sources of securities; Issuer sector; Credit ratings; Maturity; Structured finance; Investment banks.
- Credit quality momentum in fallen angels. C. M. O. // Private Placement Letter;6/28/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p3
Reports that continued credit quality improvement has been noted in the speculative-grade privately placed fixed-income securities territory. Lowest level since 1997; Tally from Standard & Poor's; Observation that only one global issuer migrated from investment-grade territory to speculative...
- ABN Prices Domestic, Cross-Border Deals. Y. B. // Private Placement Letter;12/5/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p1
The article reports that ABN Amro Bank NV along with LaSalle and agents WestLB and KeyBanc priced a $445 million fixed-income securities placement for Ohio Valley Electric Corp. (OVEC). OVEC has a $200 million revolving credit facility with a maturity on August 2010. OVEC and its subsidiary,...
- Upstart Calypso Wins Credit Agricole Indosuez Biz. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;04/16/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p14
Reports on Credit Agricole Indosuez's plans to consolidate its fixed-income back-office systems on Calypso Technology's platform by the end of 2001. System features and functions; Credit Agricole's current presence in the global fixed-income market.