Now the fun is retailing
- San Fran plans strong furniture recruiting effort. Thomas, Larry; Allegrezza, Ray; Gunin, Joan; Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;7/26/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p33
Reports on the plan of officials at the San Francisco Mart (SFM) to launch an aggressive recruiting effort aimed at keeping its furniture showrooms full in 2005. Reason for the low attendance in the 2004 SFM; Exhibitors who will not renew their leases in 2005; Remarks from Lee Fautsch of...
- Silentnight springs into action at revamped Salterforth showrooms. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/24/98, Issue 5085, p3
Reports that the Salterforth showrooms in Great Britain has played host to visitors of Silentnight Holdings as the group unveiled a range of products across bed and cabinet portfolios. Introduction of the Charlotte bed models; Expansion of the Anniversary Collection; Showing off of the Toybox...
- Capel showing Idol rugs. // Furniture/Today;9/10/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p29
Reports the presentation of the Dick Idol rug collection from Dick idol home furnishing program licensee Capel Inc. during the premarket Klaussner Furniture Co. showroom in Troy, North Carolina.
- Sauder WMC debut to star imports. // Furniture/Today;12/24/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p2
The article announces the exhibit of ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture manufacturer Sauder Woodworking Co. at the Las Vegas Market in Nevada in January 2008. The manufacturer will be in a permanent showroom shared with its Progressive Furniture company and will have the showroom open during the...
- Casual Living. // Furniture/Today;8/18/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p26
The article offers world news briefs related to the furniture industry in the U.S. The 2009 Casual Premarket is scheduled from July 8-10, 2009 at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago, Illinois. The Maison and Objet Outdoor Indoor show will feature a new hall and a landscaped lounge on its opening set...
- Market goes color-coded. // Furniture/Today;9/24/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p89
The article introduces the color-coded showroom identification system of the High Point Market Authority for the fall event, which opens on October 1, 2007 in North Carolina. The system is a set of five leaf-shaped icons which represent five categories of service, including designer facility,...
- Mexican mfrs. feel heat from Chinese. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p1
Highlights the winter edition of Expo Mueble Internacional furniture show in Guadalajara, Mexico. Move of manufacturers in maintaining competitive positions in the industry; Decline in furniture exports to the U.S.; Investment of manufacturers in solid-wood furniture machinery.
- Retailers write orders in Calgary. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the outcome of the Market Showplace furniture show in Calgary, Alberta. Effect of the Canadian economic condition on the sales of furniture; Softwood lumber dispute between Canada and the U.S.; Participants at the show. INSET: Calgary attendee wins truck.
- Portugal fair stirs business with styles. // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p28
Highlights the 15th edition of the Expert Home show in Porto, Portugal. Number of visitors and exhibitors; Exhibitors' expectations on the resolution of the Iraq crisis; Introduction of innovative designs by Animovel, Agol and other furniture companies.