Good PR makes the product a star
- Spin is retail's most dangerous game. Craig, Tim // DSN Retailing Today;3/24/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p9
Discusses the use of public relations (PR) as a necessary tool in the retail industry. Application of PR to recraft event courses to limit the exposure of companies to negative public perception; Potential of PR to add more damage to a company's situation; Efforts of mass retail trades to...
- SELECT SPONSORSHIPS WITH CARE. Schwing, Rob // Casual Living;Oct2014, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p109
The article presents questions and answers related to the retail business including how to refuse cash solicitations without looking bad, and promotional partnerships.
- TALES OF Titania. // Grocer;11/27/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7983, p74
The author talks about various issues in the retail industry in Great Britain, including the attitude of heads of public relations (PR) agencies and sales of Kurt Geiger stilettos.
- It may be time to prepare for a recovery next year. Relph-Knight, Lynda // Design Week;8/28/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p4
Discusses developments concerning design and marketing as of August 28, 2003. Projected recovery of the world marketing services industry; Shops and store formats to be unveiled by retail companies; Major projects planned by museums; Design groups' belief that there are more interesting ways of...
- tales of... Titania at Puff & Fluff PR. // Grocer;10/5/2013, Vol. 236 Issue 8125, p89
In the article, the author discusses the importance of public relations (PR) in the retail industry, particularly in Great Britain, as of early October 2013, as seen in the creation of the Yogurt Council, among others.
- tales of...Titania at Puff & Fluff PR. // Grocer;10/6/2012, p89
The article comments on the public relations and promotional strategies used by some retailers for their new product launch in Great Britain.
- Luxury brief for West End. Eleftheriou-Smith, Loulla-Mae // PRWeek (London);2/8/2013, p1
The article reports that the New West End Company, representer of retailers and property owners in Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street has issued a public relation (PR) brief to boost its London luxury quarter.
- KÃ¶lner EHI richtet PR-Kongress aus. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;1/18/2013, Issue 3, p40
The article discusses a public relations congress announced for February 26 and 27, 2013, in Cologne, Germany. Among others, communications managers of H&M, Coca Cola, and eBay, are represented.
- Go Back To The Basics With The 5 Stages Of Action. // Sales Leader;11/6/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p3
The article provides the five stages of action of selling. The stages include: attention; interest; desire; conviction; and action. These fundamental sales techniques have been around since the 1950s. Although times and methods have changed, these basic stages remain the same. In the first...