M&S makes gains in Home sales
- Still growing strong. // Cabinet Maker;4/14/2006, Issue 5483, p3
The article reports on the growth in turnover in furniture industry and trade. For its home division, Marks & Spencer Group PLC has 24 percent growth while ScS Sofas and Land of Leather have three percent and 3.1 percent turnovers, respectively. For the past two years, the two companies have...
- Marks & Spencer Group, PLC SWOT Analysis. // Marks & Spencer Group, PLC SWOT Analysis;Sep2007, p1
A company profile of Marks and Spencer Group PLC, a leading retailer of clothing, foods and homeware, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is provided which includes strengths,...
- Mixed fortunes as high street recovers from the seasonal highs and lows. // Frontline Solutions;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the Christmas sales of Marks and Spencer company. Increase on sales; Comment from the Financial Times Lex; Recovery of high street business.
- Sparks fly as British firm e-mails pink slips to Paris. Ford, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;4/3/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 89, p7
Reports on the plans of Marks & Spencer to close 18 stores in France and cut 4,000 jobs.
- Call for caution over scrapping of final salary schemes. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p3
Reports the implication of the closing of the final salary pensions schemes upon the expansion of Marks & Spencer in Great Britain. Development of the occupational pension schemes; Alternative ways of funding the employee contributions.
- M&S opens Home store. // Housewares;Sep/Oct97, Issue 136, p6
Announces that Marks and Spencer has opened a stand-alone home furnishings store in York in August of 1997. Description of the Coppergate store; M&S home furnishings sales.
- M&S targets its managers. // Marketing Event;Mar1997, p10
Reports on Marks & Spencer PLC's launch of an internal management initiative at its head office using a walkthrough installation created by Prop Shop.
- M&S yearly profits up 5%. // DIY Week;6/4/2010, p02
The article reports on the 4.6 percent increase in the profit of Marks & Spencer (M&S) for the year ended March 27, 2010.
- Marks & Spencer Shocker: New See-Through Blouses. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/30/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 41, p4
Reports on London, England-based Marks & Spencer's decision to replace its frumpy green and navy staff uniform with cream-colored blouses that were see-through. Complaints from female employees; Company's plan to introduce another blouse in a heavier fabric.