NOTES. Pharmacist's activities on a trauma response team in the emergency department
- Abuse risks and routes of administration of different prescription opioid compounds and formulations. // Harm Reduction Journal;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p29
The article presents a study focusing on abuse risks and routes of administration of different prescription opioid compounds and formulations. The unadjusted risks observed in the study were consistent with rankings of prescription opioid abuse obtained by others using different methods. It...
- COMPARISON OF THE ANALGESIC PROFILE AND SIDE EFFECTS OF TRAMADOL VS PETHIDINE, FOLLOWING UROLOGOICAL SURGERY. Mojtahedzadeh, Mojtaba; Hashemian, Farshad; Najafi, Atabak; Rooinee, Mohammad R.; Aghamir, Mohammad K.; Tavakoli, Hassan; Soofinia, Omid; Khajavi, Mohammad R. // DARU;2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p111
The optimization of pain management following surgery with minimal side effects, is one the major goals of surgical and medical teams, ln this randomized double blind study, sixty ASA (American Society of Anesthesiologist) class I or II patients, undergoing urological surgery, were assessed to...
- Behind The Headlines: NSAID small-bowel risk greater than anticipated. Bowden, Rachel // GP: General Practitioner;1/14/2005, p21
The article informs that a U.S. research has linked NSAIDs to small-bowel damage. Media reports last week claimed that common pain killers such as ibuprofen and aspirin may damage the small intestine. The media stories were based on U.S. research published in the current issue of the periodical...
- anÂ·alÂ·geÂ·sic. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p15
A definition of the term "analgesic" is presented. It refers to a drug that deadens the sense of pain.
- Rx Data on Demand. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Jun2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p56
Reports a on computer system developed by the state of Kentucky as of June 2005 that keeps track of prescriptions for pain pills and other potentially addictive drugs. Features of the system; Objective of the state in developing the system; Overview of how the system works.
- Tramadol -the Impact of its Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Properties on the Clinical Management of Pain. Klotz, Ulrich // Drug Research / Arzneimittel-Forschung (Editio Cantor Verlag fur;Oct2003, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p681
Tramadol (CAS 36282-47-0) plays an important role in the management of pain. With its dual mechanism of action (opioid agonist; weak noradrenaline and serotonin reuptake inhibitor) tramadol provides a kind of combined/adjuvant pain therapy. Besides its proven clinical efficacy tramadol is a safe...
- flavocoxid. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 10th edition;2007, p522
This article presents a nursing guide to the analgesic flavocoxid. Drug information provided includes pharmacokinetics, contraindications or precautions, adverse reactions or side effects, interactions, route or dosage, and availability. Limbrel is a popular brand of the drug. Nursing...
- co-codaprin. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p165
This article presents information on co-codaprin which is a compound analgesic preparation of the weak narcotic analgesic codeine phosphate and the non-narcotic analgesic and anti-rheumatic aspirin. The drug is prepared in a ratio of 8:400 milligrams. It is orally administered.
- co-dydramol. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p167
This article presents information on co-dydramol which is a prescription-only compound analgesic preparation of the narcotic analgesic dihydrocodeine tartrate and the non-narcotic analgesic paracetamol. The drug is prepared in a ratio of 10:500 milligrams--though some similar non-prescription...