CLINICAL CONSULTATION. Use of concentrated insulin human regular (U-500) for patients with diabetes
- Insulin: A Voice for Choice. Teuscher, Arthur // Diabetes Health;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses the dangers of hypoglycemic unawareness in diabetics who are taking human insulin. Human insulin came into use in the 1980s as a more physiological alternative to animal insulin, but some patients however reported a sudden loss of symptoms that had previously warned them...
- ARGININE EFFECTS ON IN VIVO GLUCOSE-INDUCED INSULIN SECRETION IN MICE AND HAMSTERS. Trandaburu, Ioana; Mirancea, Dorina; Simionescu, Mirela; Trandaburu, Tiberiu // Studia Universitatis Vasile Goldis Seria Stiintele Vietii (Life ;2008, Vol. 18, p229
Alterations of the biphasic pattern of insulin secretion and of glycemia induced with glucose were described for the first time in hamsters after the sole i.p. injection of a mixture of glucose (3,3 g glucose/kg body weight) and L-arginine (7,16g arginine/kg body weight) or after 10 min. delayed...
- Group action on insulin faces collapse. Dyer, Clare // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/27/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6881, p814
Reports the legal action of diabetic patients against the genetically engineered human insulin manufactured by pharmaceutical industry in Great Britain. Harmful effects of the product; Comparison of the biological effects between human and animal insulin; Factors contributing to the...
- Insulin glargine overdose. Dogan, Fatma Sari; Onur, �zge Ecmel; Altinok, Arzu Denizbasi; G�neysel, �zlem // Journal of Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics;Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p333
Insulin glargine is a long acting novel recombinant human insulin analogue indicated to improve glycemic control, in adults and children with type 1 diabetes mellitus and in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. The time course of action of insulins including insulin glargine may vary between...
- insulin aspart. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p305
The article presents information on insulin aspart, a recombinant biosynthetic human insulin analogue, which is used in diabetic treatment to maintain diabetic patients. Insulin aspart has a faster rate of onset and offset of action than soluble insulin. Administration is by injection.
- insulin lispro. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p305
The article presents information on insulin lispro, a recombinant biosynthetic human insulin analogue, which is used in diabetic treatment to maintain diabetic patients. Insulin lispro is relatively short-acting. Administration is by injection.
- Multicenter clinical trial of recombinant human insulin-like growth factor I in patients with acute renal failure. Hirschberg, Raimund; Kopple, Joel; Lipsett, Pamela; Benjamin, Ernest; Minei, Joseph; Albertson, Timothy; Munger, Mark; Metzler, Michael; Zaloga, Gary; Murray, Michael; Lowry, Stephen; Conger, John; Mckeown, Wade; O'Shea, Michael; Baughman, Robert; Wood, Kenneth; Haupt, Marilyn; Kaiser, Roger; Simms, Hank; Warnock, David // Kidney International;Jun1999, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p2423
Multicenter clinical trial of recombinant human insulin-like growth factor I in patients with acute renal failure. Background. Patients with acute renal failure (ARF) have high morbidity and mortality rates, particularly if they have serious comorbid conditions. Several studies indicate that in...
- Scientific study confirms the safety and prebiotic effect of OraftiSynergy1 in infants. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;May/Jun2014, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the scientific study in the safety use of BONEO's OraftiSynergyl for infant formula which is rich in oligofructose enriched insulin.
- A Case of Suppurative Granuloma Induced by Insulin Injection. Tanizaki, Hideaki; Matsumura, Vumi; Tokura, Yoshiki; Miyachi, Yoshiki; Kabashim, Kenji // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;2010, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p540
The article presents a case study of a 76-year-old woman with diabetes mellitus presenting with multiple deep-seated, slightly pruritic, symmetrical skin nodules on the flanks and thighs. She claimed that the lesion appeared two-three days after insulin injections. A skin biopsy of an...