Pharmacists prepare for flu season
- Swine flu: lessons we need to learn from our global experience. Collignon, Peter // Emerging Health Threats;2011, Vol. 4, p1
There are important lessons to be learnt from the recent 'Swine Flu' pandemic. Before we call it a pandemic, we need to have appropriate trigger points that involve not only the spread of the virus but also its level of virulence. This was not done for H1N1 (swine flu). We need to ensure that we...
- Upcoming Flu Season: Business as Usual. Mirza, Beth // HR Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p20
The article reports on an announcement made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the inclusion of protection against the novel H1N1 virus in the 2010-2011 flu vaccine.
- There's still time to benefit from flu shot. Pratt, Timothy // South County Journal;10/26/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 43, pB2
The article encourages Americans to get an influenza vaccine and protect one's self from seasonal and H1N1 influenza before the flu season gets underway and spread throughout the population.
- Healthcare Worker Acceptance of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Vaccination, Morocco. Tagajdid, Rida; El Annaz, Hicham; Doblali, Taoufik; Sefiani, Kawtar; Belfquih, Bouchra; Mrani, Saad // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Oct2010, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1638
A letter to the editor is presented about a survey of healthcare workers on the acceptance of pandemic H1N1 2009 vaccination in Morocco conducted from January 15 to February 28, 2010.
- Determinants of adults' intention to vaccinate against pandemic swine flu. Myers, Lynn B.; Goodwin, Robin // BMC Public Health;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Background: Vaccination is one of the cornerstones of controlling an influenza pandemic. To optimise vaccination rates in the general population, ways of identifying determinants that influence decisions to have or not to have a vaccination need to be understood. Therefore, this study aimed to...
- Notice to Readers: Revised Estimates of the Public Health Impact of 2009 Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1) Vaccination. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/25/2012, Vol. 307 Issue 4, p358
The article discusses the revised estimates of the impact of the 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) vaccination on public health in the U.S. The model used in the initial estimate had a programming error resulting to its failure to adequately adjust for the declining risks for disease. The revised...
- Seasonal Influenza and 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Pregnant Women--10 States, 2009-10 Influenza Season. Ahluwalia, I. B.; Jamieson, D. J.; D'Angelo, D. V.; Singleton, J. A.; Santibanez, T.; Euler, G.; Weinbaum, C. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/16/2011, Vol. 305 Issue 7, p668
The article discusses the results of an analysis conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women during the 2009 to 2010 influenza season in 10 states. It found that women who were offered or recommended...
- Seasonal Influenza and 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Pregnant Women -- 10 States, 2009-10 Influenza Season. Ahluwalia, I. B.; Jamieson, D. J.; D'Angelo, D. V.; Singleton, J. A.; Santibanez, T.; Euler, G.; Weinbaum, C. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;12/3/2010, Vol. 59 Issue 47, p1541
The article focuses on the seasonal influenza and 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women in the U.S. in the 2009-2010 period. To estimate the influenza coverage, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analyzed date from 10 states from the Pregnancy Risk...
- Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Pregnant Women -- 29 States and New York City, 2009--10 Season. Ahluwalia, Indu B.; Harrison, Leslie; Ding, Helen; Austin, Toyia; D'Angelo, Denise; Hastings, Phil; Ruffo, Nan; O'Neil, Mary Elizabeth; Jamieson, Denise; Singleton, James A.; Bridges, Carolyn B. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;2/24/2012, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p113
The article discusses the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) analysis of data from the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) to estimate the state-specific seasonal and pH1N1 influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women. The study showed that women who...