- Hospital Drug Costs Rise. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Nov2009, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the projection of Center for Drug Policy director Lee Vermeulen that drug expenditures at American hospitals will increase by up to three percent in 2009. It states that Vermeulen has co-authored the annual projection of drug expenditures for the American Society of...
- Improving board effectiveness by evaluating director performance. Thain, Donald H.; Leighton, David S.R. // Business Quarterly;Autumn92, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the application of the time-tested, basic elements of control on board of directors. Question about the power and effectiveness of boards of directors as the key element in corporate governance; Six possible remedies to improve boards; Improvement of boards through evaluation; Role...
- It's time for a new breed of director. Tapp, Lawrence G. // Business Quarterly;Spring96, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the role of directors of corporations in crafting the mission, vision and strategic positioning of the organization. Compensation of directors; Investigation of corporate governance.
- Making sense of due diligence. Rovet, Ernest // CA Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p55
Analyzes the role of directors in meeting their corporate and public responsibilities concerning the environment. Traditional management-information-systems concepts; Environmental audit and environmental management system as foundations of due diligence; Assurance of communication between...
- Executive leadership in Northeast Ohio. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/12/94, Vol. 15 Issue 50, following p8
Reports on the activist trend in Northeast Ohio's corporate boards. Increase in the level of involvement of board members in 1994; Board's reflection of society's diversity in terms of race and gender; Quality of life and low cost of living in Northeast Ohio as attraction for god senior-level...
- Outside director can be valuable foil to owner. Danco, Leon // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/11/94, Vol. 15 Issue 15, Crain's Small Business pS-3
Presents guidelines for choosing outside directors for family-owned company. Functions and traits of an outside director; Outside director's contrast from paid advisers.
- A 12-step program aimed at corporate boardaholics. Wackerle, Frederick W. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/05/98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p11
Highlights the possibility of a program `Betty Ford Clinic for Boardaholics.' Aims of the program; Reference to executives sitting on too many board; Steps that should be considered.
- Boards smaller now, more independent. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 11 Issue 63, p28
Highlights the results of a report on board of directors composition and organization in the United States. Median size of boards; Difficulty in adding up to boards; Comparison of the number of outside directors with the number of employee directors.
- Directors' register. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 14 Issue 78, p31
Lists newly elected corporate board members in the United States as of February 1993. Includes Joel D. Spungin of the AAR Corp.; Thomas Johnson of Alleghany Corp.; John D. Curtin Jr. of American Oil & Gas Corp.