editor's notes. Getting More and More Social
- Brighton libraries get a digital makeover. // PRWeek (London);11/5/2010, p13
The article reports that the south coast local authority in Brighton & Hove, England, will use social media Foursquare to increase the use of libraries across the city.
- Patron Abuse Prompts Trial of Social-Network Filter. // American Libraries;Sep2007, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p41
The article reports on the decision of Kent District Library system to block access to the popular social-networking sites MySpace, Facebook and Bebo on 34 of its 40 workstations in Washington. The decision is part of the library's effort to address increasingly disruptive behavior at its...
- Untitled. Thomson, Rebecca // Computer Weekly;3/3/2009, p39
The article reports that two rogue applications have hit Facebook Inc. which redesigned the permission-requesting page so users did not know what they were clicking on.
- Curso en colaboraci�n de la Asociaci�n Andaluza de Bibliotecarios con el Instituto Andaluz de Patrimonio Hist�rico. // Boletin de la Asociacion Andaluza de Bibliotecarios;ene2009, Vol. 24 Issue 94/95, p220
No abstract available.
- Ask a Librarian. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p43
The article presents questions and answers related to library information services in Australia including questions about which library technologies are gaining popularity, differences between Australian libraries and those in other countries, and Australian innovations being developed.
- Copyright in a Social World. Miller, Kathryn Metzinger // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;May/Jun2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses several situations where library users may use popular social networking sites and encounter copyright laws. The librarian should be able to communicate with students, parents and teachers the issues that they face when placing materials on Web 2.0 social networks....
- Too much Hullabaloo about Facebook in Libraries! Is it really helping libraries? Sekyere, Kwabena // Nebraska Library Association Quarterly;Summer2009, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p25
The article focuses on the use of the social networking web site operated by Facebook Inc. by academic libraries in the U.S. A library can create a profile page in Facebook, list the services it offers and use it for sharing photographs. The extent to which the site is being used to deliver...
- Going Where Patrons Are. Farkas, Meredith // American Libraries;Apr2007, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p27
The article focuses on the involvement of U.S. academic libraries in social networking Web sites. The Brooklyn College Library in New York has provided a MySpace portal to its services that contains links to the catalog and databases as well as documentation on how to access library resources...
- Isn't It Del.icio.us? Farkas, Meredith // American Libraries;Apr2008, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p32
The article focuses on the social bookmarking site del.icio.us, which enables users to assign multiple descriptive terms, or tags, to each website so they are more easy to search for. The process of creating bookmarks and organizing them with del.icio.us. is discussed. It cites that the Menasha...