One million tiny plays about work
- How to protect staff against harassment by customers. Landon, Mark // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/14/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4817, p31
The article discusses the need for employers to protect their employees against harassment from 3rd party suppliers. It cites the Equality Act where an employer who knowingly fails to protect an employee from third-party harassment risks being liable for normal harassment, an employer will be...
- Entering the era of casual Monday, casual Tuesday... Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/9/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 45, p18
Details findings of a survey of dress codes of executives who do corporate hiring. Percentage of respondents who said that suits and ties will be phase out as formal business attire; Significance of the survey's findings to the officewear industry.
- What's your problem? Bullmore, Jeremy // Management Today;Oct99, p113
Responds to inquiries concerning industrial relations. Ways to tell a colleague that he has a bad hygiene problem; Concerns of an underworked employee; Dress codes.
- Legal Q&Aâ€¦ Dress and appearance codes. // Personnel Today;10/2/2007, p12
The article presents questions and answers related to workplace dress and appearance codes, including employers' role in the dress codes, industrial relations regarding dress codes and code discrimination.
- Dress Success. // Chicago Weekend;8/24/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 33, p12
The article offers some tips for job applicants in the U.S. about the importance of wearing appropriate clothing during a face-to-face interview with employers.
- The new face of conformity. Snyder, Eric // Inside Tucson Business;05/07/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p4
Comments on the article in the Wall Street Journal on job interview dress codes. Issue on the dismissal of over-dressed applicants; Opposition to the conformity and superficiality idea; Need to focus on qualification rather on fashion criteria.
- Employers urged to unveil new dress codes. // Employers Law;Nov2006, p4
The article reports on the request for employers to review dress codes and make sure any changes are properly communicated to employees in Great Britain. Several high-profile examples involving religious items of clothing should serve as a timely reminder to employers that dress codes can be a...
- The Right Look, The Wrong Look. // Scholastic Choices;2000-2001 Skills Book, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Presents a quiz on dressing for a job interview.
- Return to formal workplace suits clothiers just fine. Curan, Catherine // Crain's New York Business;3/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p4
Reports the increasing demand of formal suit for executives and businessmen in New York, New York. Details on the consciousness of male consumer towards personal appearance in the office; Advantage of wearing formal suits in making good business sense; Information about the most in demand...