PEOPLE AND POSTS
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;6/10/2008, p34
The article announces that Lucy Calver has been appointed as group HR director at Catties, Mark Dickinson has been appointed HR business partner at Groupama Insurances, and Michael Doolin has been appointed as HR director at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
- HR career issues...?CIPD qualifications. Parrish, Olivia; Bate, Greg // Personnel Today;5/19/2009, p8
The article presents an answer to a question on career growth for personnel managers.
- HR career issues...?changing industries. // Personnel Today;6/2/2009, p11
The article provides an answer to the question of whether a human resource (HR) director should move into a similar role in a new industry.
- Firm appoints its first HR director. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;6/26/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p9
The article focuses on the appointment of Lucy Calver as group human resources (HR) director for financial services firm Cattles.
- How I got where I am today. Millington, Ann; Stevens, Michelle // People Management;8/12/2010, p38
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of growing her career in personnel management to become the deputy chief executive and human resources (HR) director of Kent Fire and Rescue Service in England.
- Eastern time. Connor, Jerry // People Management;1/27/2011, p22
The article focuses on the human resource (HR) profession in Asia. Most HR leaders in Asia focus directly on growth, and on how the insights they can draw from their position looking across the organisation. It cites the challenges facing Asian businesses in building a platform for long-term...
- HRD Career Update. Chalofsky, Neal // Training & Development Journal;May85, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p64
Discusses the career opportunities for human resource development (HRD) professionals in the U.S. Trends that affect the choices facing people who enter or advance in the HRD profession; Increased specialization; Proliferation of new, smaller companies; Movement of HRD professionals into...
- Career track. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;4/29/2003, p30
Relates the personal experiences of human resources graduate, Coleen Paterson after being promoted as team manager at the British financial services company, Standard Life Co. Challenges during her HR graduate training; Personal satisfaction in handling staff relations; Compensation benefits...
- Do I have to leave to progress? // People Management;Jan2016, p49
The article provides an answer to a question on whether to leave a job of being a human resource (HR) manager to progress.