- Draw up a game plan. Philpott, John // People Management;6/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the importance of predicting trends to HR professionals. Information on the quarterly HR trend survey of CIPD; Percentage of organizations that expect to have hired additional staff by 2005; Effects of more jobs and tightening labour market on organizations.
- Trends. // HR Magazine;Dec2011, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p78
The article notes trends in human resource technology such as customization, virtual conferencing, software-as-a-service, and cloud computing.
- Employment Trends in Connecticut. Gioia, Peter // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/19/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p18
The article discusses the 2007 employment trends in Connecticut.. A survey from the Connecticut Business & Industry Association revealed that almost half of the executives statewide are expected to hire and less than half of them will cut their workforce. The state has the seventh-oldest...
- Seeing around the curve. SHEPHERD, LEAH CARLSON // Employee Benefit News;Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p32
The article offers a look at employer responses to workplace trends, based on the results of a Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) survey of HR professionals in the U.S. Among the most common actions by employers were offering tuition reimbursement, investing more in training and...
- How HRDs view the next five years. // Human Resources (09648380);Jan2009, p7
The article reports on the views of human resource (HR) directors regarding trends in personnel management in Great Britain for 2009 and the next five years. It states that 54% believes that the increasing regulation, the growing demand for limited resources, and intensifying competition for...
- Trends. // HR Magazine;Dec2011, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p82
The article notes staffing management trends in the U.S. such as competition in recruiting and retaining employees, the nonmonetary rewards younger workers are looking for, and replacement of full-time employees with contingent workers.
- In search of the perfect leader. // Workforce;Jan1999, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p25
Presents information from the survey `Major Issues Impacting People Management,' conducted by the Human Resource Institute (HRI) at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida. Leadership challenge in most organizations; Factors affecting changes in business environments; Second most important...
- A common-sense guide to personnel management. McGuire, James W. // Point of Beginning;Mar96, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
Presents tips on how to be an effective survey manager. Treating people the way one wants to be treated; Hiring the best people; Being aware of staff members' individual capabilities; Providing ongoing education.
- HR professionals name the critical issues for the '90s. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p23
Reports on CCH Inc.'s `1994 Survey of Issues Impacting Human Resources' which shows that health care is the biggest concern by personnel directors in the United States for the remainder of the 1990s. Other issues considered by personnel directors as critical issues for the future.