Train firm accused of stalling Olympic volunteer requests
- SWT Desiro City order confirmed. // Rail Business Intelligence;9/18/2014, Issue 470, p6
The article reports that 30 new five-car EMUs to be leased by British train operating company South West Trains Ltd. for Windsor Lines services.
- Operators rally round for plain sailing at Weymouth. Hunt, D. W. V. // Modern Railways;Sep2012, Vol. 70 Issue 768, p36
The article reports on the action taken by South West Trains that allowed it to run extra services in the morning and evening from Bournemouth to Weymouth, England.
- IN BRIEF. // Railways Illustrated;Jan2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p17
The article offers news briefs related to locomotives industry in England including the damage of 142091 locomotive after a landslide near Retford in April 2012, the Class 458 unit of South West Trains that visit Bournemouth, and repainting of ScotRail 170393 locomotive.
- SWT top up expansion. // Modern Railways;Dec2010, Vol. 67 Issue 747, p11
The article reports that passengers will be allowed to top up Oyster cards at all South West Trains (SWT)-operated stations starting May 2011, after the British government signed an agreement with SWT.
- but one moves to Northern. E. G. H. // Railways Illustrated;Mar2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p20
The article reports on the South West Trains' Class 158 locomotive loaned to Northern Rail in England.
- SWT simplifies HLOS fleet OJEU. // Rail Business Intelligence;10/17/2013, Issue 448, p6
The article reports that South West Trains has temporarily suspended procurement of the fleet of EMUs ordered to provide additional capacity under the High-Level Output Specification for Control Period 5 starting on April 1 2014.
- SWT aims for reliability. // Modern Railways;Dec2011, Vol. 68 Issue 759, p89
The article reports that a RailBAM device has been installed by South West Trains (SWT) at Mortlake to detect potential technical problems with trains.
- Alliancing bears fruit. // Modern Railways;Nov2012, Vol. 69 Issue 770, p16
The article reports on the benefits of co-operative working brought about by the South West Trains and Network Rail deep alliance in Great Britain, with regard to the fitting of rails for the Guildford to Waterloo route in England.
- SWT Class 458/5 enters service. // Rail Business Intelligence;3/20/2014, Issue 458, p6
The article reports on the initiation of services by the first pair of five-car Class 458/5 EMUs with South West Trains Ltd. on the route between London Waterloo and Windsor & Eton Riverside on March 10, 2014.