- California condor clashes with wind farm industry. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/6/2012, p1
The article reports on the emergence of green energy as a big business in Kern County, California as evidenced by the 3.2 billion U.S. dollar investment attracted by the region with an unemployment rate 64 percent higher than the U.S. average.
- America's nuclear renaissance. Alexander, Lamar // Hill;6/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 74, p26
The article discusses the proposed Manhattan Project that would focus on clean-energy independence in the U.S. including plug-in electric cars, carbon capture from coal plants, and making solar power cost-competitive.
- Northern Star. Khanna, Ayesha; Khanna, Parag // Time International (Atlantic Edition);8/15/2011, Vol. 178 Issue 6, p43
This article discusses Stockholm, Swedenâ€™s use of green energy, with a focus on its renewable energy grid, rainwater irrigation system, and low carbon emissions, as well as its intent to export its smart power to other countries.
- Row over biomass subsidy advice. Johnston, Bryan // Planning (14672073);12/16/2011, Issue 1924, p11
The article reports on the issue regarding the call of the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) that major power plants using woods and other energy crops should not benefit from the Renewables Obligation system that subsidise green power.
- Are we complacent about green energy? Stathis, Paul // Electrical Solutions (18340644);2010, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one by David Rafter about green energy in Australia, one by Bryan Douglas on the development and further reduction in energy consumption from lighting, and one by John...
- UK renewables investment plunges. // Utility Week;4/15/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p4
The article announces that the ranking of Great Britain as a destination for renewable investment has fallen as revealed by the report "Who's Winning the Clean Energy Race."
- Preparing for Green Energy Occupations. Lewis, Anne C. // Tech Directions;Aug2010, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p9
The article presents information on a report released by the Workforce Strategy Center in the U.S. in 2010 concerning green energy occupations.
- By The Numbers. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);4/26/2010 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 155 Issue 17, p16
The article presents statistics on the total investment that China and the United States have invested in clean energy in 2009, in terms of total billions of dollars invested, and in percentage of the gross domestic product of each nation.
- Energy recycling merits support. Maher, Cynthia // Crain's Detroit Business;12/13/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p6
The article offers views of author on merits and demerits of clean-energy legislations in Michigan.