NEWS FROM THE WEB
- Access to parental leave in Australia: evidence from Negotiating the Life Course. Whitehouse, Gillian // Australian Journal of Social Issues (Australian Council of Socia;Summer2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p489
Although unpaid parental leave has been available to most Australian employees for more than a decade, and public sector legislation and company policies provide at least some employees with-an entitlement to paid parental leave, there is as yet little information available on accessibility,...
- Gender Implications of the Right to Request Flexible Working Arrangements: Raising Pigs and Children in New Zealand. MASSELOT, ANNICK // New Zealand Journal of Employment Relations;2014, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p59
The article offers information on the female participation in New Zealand's labor market, and discusses compatibility between work and family life in New Zealand. Topics discussed include increase in women's employment rates in New Zealand, New Zealand's Parental Leave and Employment Protection...
- New Jersey enacts family leave law. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 11 Issue 65, p29
Focuses on the Family Leave Act of New Jersey which was enacted into law on May 4, 1990. Requirement for private employers in the state to grant unpaid leave to parents of newborn or adopted children, or employees needing time off to care for a seriously ill parent, child or spouse.
- Location determines family leave act. // National Petroleum News;Sep93, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p24
Presents a formula for marketers to circumvent the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) via strategic use of location. Application of law; Illustration of how location determines the impact of FMLA; Adverse implication of FMLA.
- Veto of parental leave bill may hurt families. Dervarics, C. // Single Parent;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p11
Discusses President George Bush's veto of parental leave legislation. Pros and cons of the legislation; Popular support of the bill.
- Ten years old, the FMLA still poses complications. Smith, Shawn // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 27, p4
Focuses on the complications of the United States Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Key provisions of the regulation; Challenges in relation to the administration and interpretation of the FMLA.
- Proposals to extend family-leave law converge on Capitol Hill. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Aug96, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p11
Reports on US President Bill Clinton's proposed legislation that would require employers to give workers time off to deal with family matters by letting them take compensatory time off instead of overtime pay. Effort to help families whose work schedules conflict with ordinary family-care...
- Swap shop. Welch, Matthew // Commercial Motor;3/24/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5425, p26
A summary is presented of the Additional Paternity Leave (APL) Regulations 2010 to be implemented in Great Britain for babies born on or after April 3, 2011.
- Two leave measures for employees who have domestic partners. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Feb93, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p108
Reports that a new law requires Sacramento, Calif., employers that offer unpaid leave to married employees for medical or family reasons to offer the same leave to their unmarried workers who have domestic partners. Details on leave measures recently signed by Massachusetts Governor William Weld.