William Hill's training is a safe bet
- AROUND THE WORLD: UNITED KINGDOM. // International Gaming & Wagering;Feb2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the gaming industry in Great Britain. The Gambling Commission has opened the application process for operating and personal licenses under the new Gambling Act, that includes remote gambling licenses and Internet casinos. The National Lottery Commission...
- William Hill victory in 'Click to Call' battle. // Casino International;Nov2015, p46
The article reports on the confirmation that the Australian Federal Police will not investigate bookmaker William Hill Australia's Click to Call betting feature and its alleged breach of national online gaming laws.
- Global Online Gambling Industry Profile. // Online Gambling Industry Profile: Global;Sep2013, p1
The article explores the international online gambling industry in 2013, when its expansion forecasted to continue especially after the U.S. legalized online gambling starting April 2013. The biggest segment of the global online gambling industry is the Asia-Pacific, which accounts for 36.1...
- Onto a winner. Smethurst, Steve // People Management;1/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the role of the human resource (HR) department in changing the gambling business of the British company William Hill. Background on a draft gambling bill released by Tessa Jowell, British secretary of state, culture, media and sport; Major HR changes at the company; Methods used to...
- Wanna Bet (on the Olympics)? FARBER, MICHAEL // Sports Illustrated;8/6/2012, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p21
The article considers sports betting on the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England. It is noted that bookmaking has been legal in that country since 1960. The company William Hill is used as an example of a gambling industry firm in Great Britain which offers betting on all Olympic sports. U.S....
- Schedule 6 : Infringement offences. // Gambling Act 2003;2003, p265
The article presents a reprint of the Gambling Act 2003, which explores the schedule 6, infringement violations. It offers an overview of provision and its descriptive offences including section 16; prohibition to advertise overseas gambling, operating outside specified hours, and failure to...
- ADVERTISING REVIEWS. // Campaign;3/5/2010, Issue 9, p11
The article reports that William Hill PLC has called a review of its advertising account in Great Britain.
- William Hill reviews Â£8m ad account again. Cassidy, Anne // Campaign (UK);11/19/2010, Issue 46, p3
The article reports on a review launched by Great Britain-based William Hill PLC for its eight million-pound advertising account for the third time in 2010.
- Betting on '94. Cerio, Gregory; Howard, Lucy // Newsweek;1/17/1994, Vol. 123 Issue 3, p5
Reveals odds that British bookmaking firm William Hill has set--and is accepting wagers on--against certain unlikely events occurring this year. 8:1 that Bill Clinton will resign from office; 5:1 that Prince Charles will renounce his right to the throne; 250:1 that Elvis Presley will be proven...