More firms abandon DB pension schemes
- Improving Retirement Plan Success. White, Laura // Benefits Magazine;Apr2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses the retirement plan trends in corporations with 1,000 or more employees documented in Diversified's "Report on Retirement Plans - 2011." It indicates a decreasing prevalence of defined benefit plans including a decline in the percentage of plan sponsors offering an active...
- Adviser Sees a Favorable Landscape for PRT Advice. Manganaro, John // Plan Advisor News;2014, p24
The article presents an interview with Steve Keating, principal at Penbridge Advisors LLC. Among the issues he discussed include variety of factors that make it ideal for U.S. retirement plan sponsors to enter the pension risk transfer (PRT) advice business, the services that his company offers...
- DEFENDING MANAGEMENT OF STATE PENSION FUNDS. Scheff, Hank // Crain's Chicago Business;11/4/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the management of public pension funds in Illinois. Impact of downturn in the stock market on pension funds; State pension funds that have received the required level of state funding in each year since 1995; Advantages of defined benefit pension plans.
- Some prefer one-stop shopping. Cowans, Deborah Shalowi // Business Insurance;9/5/94, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p18
Reports on the increased competition in the administration and investment services offered for benefit pension plans. Entry of banks, third party administrators and employee benefit consultants in the pension management business; Formation of alliance arrangement to get a share in the market of...
- Retirement plans for procrastinators. Tuttle, Matthew // Westchester County Business Journal;02/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p21
Offers tips and advice on employee retirement planning. Simplified employee pension; Defined benefit pension plan; Advantages of the said plans in terms of contribution limit and retirement income.
- Participant actions don't bear out words. // Pensions & Investments;4/17/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p30
Reveals the gap between the assessment of defined contribution plan participants and their actual savings and investment behavior. Responsibility for providing for one's retirement; Percentage participating in employer-sponsored plans; Retirement planning.
- Pension reform legislation would cut lump sum payouts. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/2/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 19, p6A
Reports on the impact of the proposed retirement bill on the structure of corporations' defined benefits program in the U.S. Reduction of contributions to struggling pension programs; Amount of lump sum payment to employees; Need for funding relief to the crisis in retirement income.
- Pension Plans Took a Beating in September. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p1
Institutional investors of all types faced another difficult month.
- Union Bank introduces novel DB plan service. // Employee Benefit News;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p68
Presents information on SelectBenefit Plus, a product developed by SelectBenefit, the retirement plan services division of Union Bank of California, to provide employers with the ability to outsource trusteeship of defined benefit programs. Key features; Benefits of SelectBenefit Plus.