NEWS IN BRIEF
- There is no future for the workplace. Challenger, John // Public Management (00333611);Feb99, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p20
Forecasts the trends in the workplace. Need for employers to bring strong relationships to the workplace; Impact of technology on the workplace; Prediction on leadership.
- The workplace revolution. Benson, P. George // Georgia Trend;Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p98
Explores the revolution of the workplace towards one that is based on service and propelled by the value of knowledge. Importance of lifelong education in the workplace; Need for workers to proactively manage their own careers; Gaining popularity of telecommuting.
- Symptoms of poor job fit. // Communication Briefings;Sep2015, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p5
The article discussed several signals which shows assigning of right people to wrong job including people are bored, finishing work very quickly and complaints about the task.
- EDITOR'S LETTER. GRAFF, GARRETT M. // Washingtonian Magazine;Dec2013, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p14
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the section "50 Great Places to Work."
- WORKPLACES EMPLOYING HOMEWORKERS: AN AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND COMPARISON. Allan, Cameron; Brosnan, Peter; Walsh, Pat // International Journal of Employment Studies;Oct1999, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p43
Based on a cross-national survey, this article presents comparative evidence of homeworking workplaces in Australia and New Zealand. The major characteristics of these workplaces are analysed in terms of industry, gender, firm size, employment status, tasks assigned to homeworkers and current...
- Value in needs-based consultancy. Beckett, Adam // Corporate Adviser;Sep2011, p14
The article offers information on the Sickness Absence Review in Great Britain. It mentions that the review helps in opening up new opportunities for the private health and protection industry as well as helping a lot of people in the Employment and Support Allowance to go back to work....
- Mistakes people make in the office. // Library Mosaics;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the common mistakes people make in the office. Apprehension to apply for new jobs and take on new projects; Resentment in building relationships; Retention in the comfort zone.
- Work and Time: Changing Models. Guttman, Cynthia // UNESCO Sources;Nov98, Issue 106, p7
Discusses the trends in employment and how they impact the workplace. Degradation of skill and continued displacement of workers; Inability of working time to fulfill basic functions in society; Reflection on how to develop an associative democracy.
- Management-free workplace requires true team effort. Goldsmith, David A.; Goldsmith, Lorrie A. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/14/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p12
Provides tips to provide management-free workplace. Need to hire right; Knowledge on the job; Utilization of technology.