SilverDocs Is Back
Tags: DOCUMENTARY films
- Cinema verite. // Harper's Bazaar;Sep94, Issue 3394, p222
Reports on documentary films covering international issues. Views on Nelson Mandela's 10-day presidential campaign; Documentaries on American national institutions; Movie titles.
- State of documentary. Rich, B. Ruby // National Forum;Fall97, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p20
Assesses the status of documentary films in the United States. Impact of advent of low-cost video production equipment; Pivotal influence of the Sundance Film Festival; Dominance of autobiographical works.
- Edinburgh's fringe pursuit for a few consenting adults: The documentary. Tonkin, Boyd // New Statesman;8/30/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4299, p38
Focuses on documentaries. Background history; Themes; Documentaries as subjective essays.
- African cinematic reality: The documentary tradition as an emerging trend. Ukadike, N. Frank // Research in African Literatures;Fall95, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p88
Examines new African documentary practices and the strategies utilized in the construction of cinematic `reality' of Africa. Dichotomous relationship between fiction and documentary film; Nature of the African documentary; Portrayal of social issues, cultural values and politics; Contextual...
- First graduation ceremony for worker video program. // New York Amsterdam News;06/21/97, Vol. 88 Issue 25, p39
Presents information on the screening of a documentary by the first graduates of Labor at the Crossroads Worker Video Training Program in Manhattan, New York. Scheduled date for the screening; Who sponsored the program; What the screening will feature.
- Films depict lives of Chi-Can women. // Chinatown News;10/18/93, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p21
Announces the presentation of short documentaries about Chinese Canadian women's lives by the National Film Board and the Chinese Cultural Center (CCC) in Vancouver, Canada. Titles of documentaries; Names of directors; Show dates; Synopsis of documentaries; Names of directors; Award;...
- Revolution and dreams: The Cuban documentary today. Lopez, Ana M. // Studies in Latin American Popular Culture;1992, Vol. 11, p45
Examines the documentary film in Cuba. Promotions of interests and vanities of moneyed groups; History of the theoretical development of Cuban documentary practice; Experimentation with documentaries linked with the political and social battles waged in Cuba.
- Travel jitters shake Mip Doc attendance. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;3/25/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 57, p8
Reports on the documentary screening event Mip Doc held in March 2003 in Cannes, France. Impact of travel concerns during the Iraq war on attendance; Notable films screened at the event.
- Media spectacle and the tabloid documentary. Arthur, Paul // Film Comment;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p74
Comments on various tabloid documentaries. Complimentary functions these documentaries perform; How to tell a good documentary from a not so good one; Reference to various motion pictures.
- Filmmakers struggle to tell stories of human rights. Kirtz, Bill // Christian Science Monitor;1/26/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 43, p19
Discusses the efforts of directors to film documentaries concerning human rights, including 'Daring to Resist,' by Martha Lubell and Barbara Attie.