Enhancing a sustainable healthy working life: design of a clustered randomized controlled trial
- Effects of an Internet-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (iCBT) Program in Manga Format on Improving Subthreshold Depressive Symptoms among Healthy Workers: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Imamura, Kotaro; Kawakami, Norito; Furukawa, Toshi A.; Matsuyama, Yutaka; Shimazu, Akihito; Umanodan, Rino; Kawakami, Sonoko; Kasai, Kiyoto // PLoS ONE;May2014, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p1
Objective: The purpose of this study was to develop a new Internet-based computerized cognitive behavior therapy (iCBT) program in Manga format, the Japanese cartoon, for workers and to examine the effects of the iCBT program on improving subthreshold depression using a randomized controlled...
- Dichotomization of Primary Outcomes Serves External Validity. Dupuy, Alain; Nassar, Dany // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Jan2014, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p267
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Binary outcomes are not better than continuous variables in randomized controlled trials" by J. Kottner and D. Streiner, that was publised in a 2013 issue of the journal.
- Randomised controlled trials. Geddes, John // British Journal of Psychiatry;Jul2014, Vol. 205 Issue 1, p43
A definition of randomised controlled trials is presented.
- Importance of Blinding in Randomized Trials. Strite, Sheri A.; Stuart, Michael E.; Psaty, Bruce M.; Prentice, Ross L. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/17/2010, Vol. 304 Issue 19, p2127
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Minimizing bias in randomized trials: The importance of blinding," by B. M. Patsy and R. L. Prentice published in the volume 304, issue 7 of the "Journal of the American Medical Association" and a response from the authors.
- Clinical research evidence of cupping therapy in China: a systematic literature review. Huijuan Cao; Mei Han; Xun Li; Shangjuan Dong; Yongmei Shang; Qian Wang; Shu Xu; Jianping Liu // BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine;2010, Vol. 10, p70
Background: Though cupping therapy has been used in China for thousands of years, there has been no systematic summary of clinical research on it. This review is to evaluate the therapeutic effect of cupping therapy using evidence-based approach based on all available clinical studies. Methods:...
- A randomised controlled trial of an eTutorial illustrating the clinical importance of changes in intrapleural pressure. Spencer, E. C.; Hutton, E. C.; Lloyd, E. // Proceedings of the Physiological Society;2014, p228P
An abstract of the article "A randomised controlled trial of an eTutorial illustrating the clinical importance of changes in intrapleural pressure" by E. C. Spencer, E. C. Hutton and E. Lloyd is presented.
- Intracluster correlation coefficients and coefficients of variation for perinatal outcomes from five cluster-randomised controlled trials in low and middle-income countries: results and methodological implications. // Trials;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p151
The article offers information on a study conducted by Anthony Costello, and colleagues, on the estimation of the intracluster correlation and coefficient of variation, for outcomes using data from five community-based cluster randomised controlled trials, in low-income countries, including...
- Looking for efficiency rather than efficacy in randomized controlled trials in oncology. Floriani, I.; Garattini, S.; Torri, V. // Annals of Oncology;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p1391
The authors reflect on the reassessment of oncology which found that the sizes and numbers of randomized clinical trials (RCTs) have eventually improved and the design has got better. It mentions an analysis that affirmed that the endorsement of the authors on experimental medical treatments did...
- Membrane stripping to prevent post-term pregnancy in Enugu, Nigeria: a randomized controlled trial. Ugwu, Emmanuel; Obi, Samuel; Iferikigwe, Eric; Dim, Cyril; Ezugwu, Frank // Archives of Gynecology & Obstetrics;Jan2014, Vol. 289 Issue 1, p29
Objectives: This study aimed at evaluating the effectiveness and safety of membrane stripping at 40-41 weeks of gestation as a means of preventing post-term pregnancy and the need for formal induction of labor in Enugu, Nigeria. Methodology: A randomized controlled trial of 134 post-date...