- Ingram Creates Lightning Group. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;7/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p21
The article reports on the formation of the Ingram Lightning Group. According to the article, the group exists to coordinate the range of Ingram businesses which serve members of the printed content industry, including publishers, librarians, and booksellers. The article also mentions that...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;11/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p6
Reports global developments in the book industry as of November 2002. Increase of consumer spending on books; Acquisition of Everyman Publishers by Alfred A. Knopf; Simplification of the layout of the exhibition halls by the London Book Fair.
- In the Works. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Sep99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p10
Reports developments in the book industry as of September 1999. Acquisition on History of Canadian Publishing by Macfarlane Walter & Ross; Release of the book 'Kiss of the Fur Queen,' by Tomson Highway in the U.S. market; Sale of the Spanish translation rights of the 'Dreams of Millenium' by...
- Nelson buys Alberta's Reidmore Books. Mandel, Charles // Quill & Quire;Aug2000, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p6
Reports the purchase of the Edmonton's Reidmore Books by Nelson Thompson Learning in Toronto, Ontario.
- The Wizards of Oz. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;9/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 35, p47
Presents updates on publishing companies in Australia as of September 2003. Random House Australia; Pan Macmillan; HarperCollins Australia. INSETS: A Different Selling World;Upbeat Down Under.
- Oz Publishers Firms Terms and Goes Nonreturnable. Mutter, John; Wells, Diana // Publishers Weekly;12/20/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 51, p23
Reports on the tightening of the backlist nonreturnable and payment terms by Australian publishers. Details on the policies of Random House Australia; Sales patterns of Australian publishers; Reaction of booksellers on the 30-day policy of Random House.
- Change Is a Rare Certainty. Danielson, Todd // GEOWorld;Oct2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
The author addresses the changes in the field of earth science. He reflects on an article he wrote about market consolidation and curtailment published in the August 1997 issue of "GeoWorld" magazine. He mentions the changes in the staff of the magazine. He considers the role of the magazine as...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;01/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p8
Reports global developments in the book industries and trade as of January 2001. Acquisition of Isis Publishing and subsidiary Soundings by Ulverscroft Group; Decline of the export sale from the Great Britain to the United States; Launch of the science-fiction imprint Orbit of Little, Brown & Co.
- IN THE LOOP. . . // Book Publishing Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p5
Reports developments related to book publishing in the U.S. as of February 2003. Corporate reorganizations of Perseus Books Group; Acquisition of Ullstein Heyne List by Verlagsgruppe Random House; Purchase of PubEasy by R.R. Bowker.